C.O.T.U.S.

• Truckie at heart
  • Forum Member
  • To serve and recline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SR556
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 01:48:18 PM »
At least now we know why we had a hard time buyin' Magpul pmags.  Ruger bought them all for there "new release"! ;D
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 01:57:25 PM »
I bet they are made by Stag.   ;)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 01:57:45 PM »
Most of the components aren't even Ruger products, Troy, Hogue, Mag pul, at least it's a piston system.
Now if they offered it in .308......

Maybe they should say assembled at Ruger instead of manufactured.

I got my XCR for $1400.00 a few years ago. The Robinson appears a better weapon but time will tell.

I hope Ruger has good luck with it.

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 02:00:10 PM »
I bet they are made by Stag.

Bushmaster's gas piston AR's are made by POF.  The gas piston system that is.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:25:11 PM »

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 02:02:44 PM »
That is a chunk of change. Would rather get the Springfield M1A. I absolutely agree on a Mini 14 that accepts AR mags. Cannot believe that has not been done yet??? As for AR's, I will stick with DPMS, Bushmaster or Rock River Arms.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »
Question?

Where is all the promised DRTV content on this ??? Its been 2 hours and no blog posts, no video, no twitter updates. Nothing.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 02:19:15 PM »
Question?

Where is all the promised DRTV content on this ??? Its been 2 hours and no blog posts, no video, no twitter updates. Nothing.

Maybe they all fell asleep when this turned out to be the "big" announcement.

"Hey guys, great news. We're making the same thing as everyone else for more money. It's gonna be great!"  ::)
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 02:24:52 PM »
Question?

They're probably all busy getting to and settled at the NRA Show. Today is opening day.   ;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

BML325

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
Great another AR platform gun that you can't buy for 6 to 12 months, even if you could afford it.

I wish these guys would announce a temporary increase in current production to meet the exhisting demand of everything.

I saw guns at shot show that still are not on the shelves yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk