Author Topic: Republicans officially in. What now?  (Read 16303 times)

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Republicans officially in. What now?
« on: January 06, 2015, 09:38:16 PM »
The newly elected Republicans are now officially on the clock so what do we want as a gun culture and which house rep and senator do we have push this?

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
Re: Republicans officially in. What now?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 11:43:39 PM »
Don't look to me for help, because Minnesota is so blue we are lucky to even be able to use the word firearm at a slight whisper.

By the way, did you hear Boehner today and his speech about "disagree without being disagreeable."?  The radio station I had on that broadcast that little bite followed it with a quote from Pres. BHO that anything moving the Keystone Pipeline forward will be vetoed at his desk.  I see a lot of nothing except fodder for the talking heads to use to churn us up.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 06:10:21 AM »
Gowdey and a few other the other REAL Republicans should take Boner out and water board him.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 07:54:15 AM »
Don't look to me for help, because Minnesota is so blue we are lucky to even be able to use the word firearm at a slight whisper.

In your car...with the windows rolled up...and only if all tires are off pavement.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

mortdooley

• The U.S. Constitution poses no serious threat to our form of government..
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 06:34:21 AM »
I predict a repeat of the 90's, Government slows the rate of decay but it still continues! More Progressive Agenda and less progress.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

- – Voltaire

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.--Ray Bradbury

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:59:26 PM »

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 05:50:22 PM »
Gowdey and a few other the other REAL Republicans should take Boner out and water board him.

It would be a waste of water.  Just choke the living shit outta that useless waste of skin.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 08:05:52 PM »
Are you talking  about Trey Gowdy from SC?  Is he the go-to guy for pro gun legislation?  IF so, then what do you want?  List it off.  Here's some thoughts:

• Allow for the reimportation of all American surplus arms to be sold through CMP.
    Allow for the sale of surplus military pistols through CMP and other means (ala police turn ins)
    50 state and all territory reciprocity for carry permits.  (If the push for a "universal" training/testing model, make it copy the most lenient. [Alaska?])
    No tax stamp for SBR, AOW, or suppressors

Have him craft the bill for this and add it to the next spending bill. (You know they're gonna pass that anyway.)

So what do YOU want?

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 01:54:07 AM »
Are you talking  about Trey Gowdy from SC?  Is he the go-to guy for pro gun legislation?  IF so, then what do you want?  List it off.  Here's some thoughts:

• Allow for the reimportation of all American surplus arms to be sold through CMP.
    Allow for the sale of surplus military pistols through CMP and other means (ala police turn ins)
    50 state and all territory reciprocity for carry permits.  (If the push for a "universal" training/testing model, make it copy the most lenient. [Alaska?])
    No tax stamp for SBR, AOW, or suppressors

If I have to join a CMP club then I'd rather they just sold them at the LGS.
CMP is nice but doesn't help someone that only shoots pistol and shotgun competitions.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 06:11:10 AM »
What do I want ?
Repeal Clinton's "Omnibus crime bill
"       " GCA '68
"       "  NFA,
I'm willing to compromise, and allow them to keep a reopened machine gun registry.
Close the borders
Deport all illegal aliens
Eliminate the business tax
repeal or cripple Obamacare
Cut congressional pay 10%
Register Muslims
Allow cops to machinegun rioters.
There are more specifics, but it's to early to think hard.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 07:37:38 AM »
If I have to join a CMP club then I'd rather they just sold them at the LGS.
CMP is nice but doesn't help someone that only shoots pistol and shotgun competitions.

Kmitch,  USPSA membership qualifies you.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk