Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 772293 times)

TScottW99

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #560 on: June 19, 2008, 02:19:15 AM »
Welcome! You must be very coordinated to be able to do all that on a bike.

;D  Wish I could do half of it on the bike  ;)  I do carry a gun and hunt on a bike though.  I am a bike officer at work and have used my bike for turkey hunting.  A 26" shotgun can be a pain on a rough trail!  ;D
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

-Theodore Roosevelt

SilverHawk

• Forum Member
  • God Bless the Men and Women of our Military.
  • Liked:
« Reply #561 on: June 19, 2008, 03:25:51 AM »
Hello to All from Le Roy, Michigan!

I have loved guns for years, wish I could shoot more often. I Love the Smell Gun Oil in the Morninig! ;D

2 years ago I had a Spinal Cord Injury and am partially paralyzed from the waist down. I am interested in starting a topic or maybe just adding to the Handguns forum about concealed carry and defensive shooting and tatics for people with disablilitys. I know there are others out there that have limited mobility, so what do we do about "Shoot and Move".

Anyway just wanted to say HI! Thanks for Listening. ;D

Ocin

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #562 on: June 19, 2008, 04:55:35 AM »
Hey everybody,

I have posted a few items recently but saw this thread just now so I thought i'd introduce myself.

I am from the Ueberliberal Kingdom of the Netherlands (you know, Amsterdam and stuff). Before you all jump to conclusions: the reports about drugs and sex have been exaggerated, but not by much! ;D

I have become more and more interested in guns over the past few weeks but don't own any myself. Getting a gun (handgun or otherwise) here legally is even more difficult and espensive then getting that same gun illegally.  ???

But we do have gun ranges here and usually they do have some firearms which members can use so I am currently checking what there is in my neighborhood.

So much from me now, hope to see you soon.
Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.
Gandhi, An Autobiography, p. 446 (Beacon Press paperback edition)

tman

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #563 on: June 19, 2008, 09:21:30 AM »
Hello to All from Le Roy, Michigan!

I have loved guns for years, wish I could shoot more often. I Love the Smell Gun Oil in the Morninig! ;D

2 years ago I had a Spinal Cord Injury and am partially paralyzed from the waist down. I am interested in starting a topic or maybe just adding to the Handguns forum about concealed carry and defensive shooting and tatics for people with disablilitys. I know there are others out there that have limited mobility, so what do we do about "Shoot and Move".

Anyway just wanted to say HI! Thanks for Listening. ;D
You have my vote on that topic

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #564 on: June 21, 2008, 10:08:15 AM »
You have my vote on that topic

Welcome, There are great people here with vast resources that would be more than willing to help.

Never hesitate to post a topic, ask a question, and you will receive answers or links to just about anything.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #565 on: Today at 08:54:14 AM »

BUFFALOJACK

• Thank You Veterans!
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #565 on: June 21, 2008, 04:22:43 PM »
Welcome y'all!
NRA LIFE

Taminar

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #566 on: June 23, 2008, 09:49:10 PM »
I'm from Pensacola, Florida. I got my concealed carry permit last fall. I have a 357 that belonged to my grandfather, but I'm looking for a smaller gun for myself. That's how I found this site, just looking for tips and weapon reviews. DH says I should get a hammerless revolver, but I'd like a 9mm.

tombogan03884

« Reply #567 on: June 24, 2008, 02:38:40 AM »
I'm from Pensacola, Florida. I got my concealed carry permit last fall. I have a 357 that belonged to my grandfather, but I'm looking for a smaller gun for myself. That's how I found this site, just looking for tips and weapon reviews. DH says I should get a hammerless revolver, but I'd like a 9mm.

You will shoot better with a gun you are comfortable with. If DH is so impressed with hammerless revolvers, tell him to get himself one while you go to the local store or range and handle and if possible try as many 9mm as possible. ;D
You are the only one qualified to decide which pistol is "best" for you. Don't be in a hurry, I've been shooting for 35 years and I've got it narrowed down to 2  ;D 
Welcome to the forum  ;D

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #568 on: June 24, 2008, 06:31:30 AM »
+1 on tomobogan's advice. Go to a range where you can rent pistols and try as many as you can. 9mm comes in a LOT of flavors, and if you're looking for a mini, try Springfield XD, CZ Rami, Glock 29, Taurus Millenium Pro, Kahr...guns like those. There are also a lot of baby 1911 style guns on the market (generally more expensive). There are a lot of 1911 die hards, but since you're new to this you should try them to see if you like them.
Most probably you'll end up with a few.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tumblebug

« Reply #569 on: June 24, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »
 1 is not enough............................20............30+++++++++++.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk