Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 773340 times)

dalea

• Forum Member
  • Aint no feelin like Petermobilin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #720 on: December 03, 2008, 02:04:12 PM »
Hello, my name is Dale and I have a gun problem. Well actually my problem is I don't have enough. 12 rifles, 7 hanguns and 3 shotguns. Mostly M1 Garands, M1 Carbines Glocks, a 1911 for ccw, a couple S&W wheel guns. My fav being a 629 mountain revolver I use in the woods in a Simply Rugged Sourdough pancake.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #721 on: December 03, 2008, 02:05:52 PM »
Welcome!  How many Garands and Carbines?  (BTW I am jealous!)

And don't worry it is a problem shared by most (all?) here.  ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #722 on: December 03, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
Hello, my name is Dale and I have a gun problem. Well actually my problem is I don't have enough. 12 rifles, 7 hanguns and 3 shotguns. Mostly M1 Garands, M1 Carbines Glocks, a 1911 for ccw, a couple S&W wheel guns. My fav being a 629 mountain revolver I use in the woods in a Simply Rugged Sourdough pancake.

Welcome. You will enjoy this place.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1061
« Reply #723 on: December 03, 2008, 02:43:43 PM »
Welcome, Dale.
I have the same problem....and not enough money to solve said problem.     ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

dalea

• Forum Member
  • Aint no feelin like Petermobilin
  • Liked:
« Reply #724 on: December 03, 2008, 05:31:40 PM »
Well let's see. I have 3 carbines. An Inland in a repro paratrooper stock, my father was with the 101st at Normandy to Bastogne where he was wounded. A Rockola, and a Sagana SG. My Garands are from each maker. An H&R, A decent IH, a like new almost unissued -13 Winnie that is all origional mfg in June 45. I don't think it was issued. My SA is a 33,000 therabouts gas trap reciever that was rebuilt with all 1944 parts so I assume it was rebuilt in 1944 all of these rifles came from the CMP. I just sent a note with my application asking if I could get a WWII SA or a Win and I was floored when I got them.  I also have a couple of AR's but we know they are evil so I keep them locked up seperatly to keep them from influencing the others.

Sponsor

« Reply #725 on: Today at 12:09:53 PM »

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #725 on: December 03, 2008, 05:46:33 PM »
Well let's see. I have 3 carbines. An Inland in a repro paratrooper stock, my father was with the 101st at Normandy to Bastogne where he was wounded. A Rockola, and a Sagana SG. My Garands are from each maker. An H&R, A decent IH, a like new almost unissued -13 Winnie that is all origional mfg in June 45. I don't think it was issued. My SA is a 33,000 therabouts gas trap reciever that was rebuilt with all 1944 parts so I assume it was rebuilt in 1944 all of these rifles came from the CMP. I just sent a note with my application asking if I could get a WWII SA or a Win and I was floored when I got them.  I also have a couple of AR's but we know they are evil so I keep them locked up seperatly to keep them from influencing the others.

Nice, you are going to fit in here just fine.  8)
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #726 on: December 03, 2008, 05:48:24 PM »

HMMMMM..keep the ARs locked up separate so they don't influence guns that have actually been to war.....some how that doesn't make sence to me but then again I like guns.

(Not saying you don't Dale, just looking at it from a "PC" point of view. ;) )
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #727 on: December 03, 2008, 07:19:49 PM »
Welcome PhilW!

I have the Ishapore 2A (7.62) that is built from the Enfield.  Great guns.

yea they are cool rifles, the one I have is a 1918  Lithgow  ( Aussie made :D  )
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #728 on: December 03, 2008, 07:34:47 PM »
Welcome aboard, mate! I would love to have you weigh in on the oncoming bans that are going to be attempted here.

ta mate

don't worry I will be adding my thoughts every now and then ;)

PegLeg  I will put something together and post it up on what we are able to use and what you need to go through to get them

Edit  :   

here is the post  http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=4280.0
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Raygun

• Forum Member
  • Die Earthling!
  • Liked:
« Reply #729 on: December 26, 2008, 06:11:15 PM »
Hi Ya'll, Ray from Greenville, SC here. Armed myself to the teeth after my dogs were killed. (I don't exactly live in the best of neighborhoods.)  Springfield XD 45 ACP, Taurus 38 Spec., Kel-Tec P3AT .380, and Mossberg 590 Shotgun for personal & home protection.  Savage 22 and Marlin 336 30-30 lever for hunting.  Still seems like something is still missing, though. Wonder what it could be? :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk