Author Topic: ATF Awards $40 Million Contracts to Glock and S&W  (Read 6617 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: ATF Awards $40 Million Contracts to Glock and S&W
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 07:50:33 PM »
No 1911s?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 08:19:34 PM »
No 1911s?

They STILL remain ABOVE the "riff-raff".... ;) Although some Kimbers or Remington 1911's would be a sweet addition....
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 09:44:29 AM »
They STILL remain ABOVE the "riff-raff".... ;) Although some Kimbers or Remington 1911's would be a sweet addition....
I think it might be a survival call on the part of ATF. You rustbucket guys get kinda creepy about your guns. I think they are afraid someone would feel obliged to "rescue" one from an evil ATF agent. ;D
FQ13

Sgt Z Squad

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »
Apparently the Sig P250 did not make it through the T&E; because of reliability issues. Link to GAO report: http://www.gao.gov/decisions/bidpro/4023393.htm
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. [Romans 5:8] ::)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 07:34:53 AM »
With all of the rusting issues the current S&W M&P has, you would think the Glock would be a no brainer.   Bill T.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:39:24 PM »

MikeO

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 01:45:43 PM »
GLOCK is first to score off this: ATF is going w GLOCK for it's new issue handguns.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk