Author Topic: Constitutional Republic anymore???  (Read 3243 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
Constitutional Republic anymore???
« on: November 10, 2016, 08:18:35 AM »
I have put in my typical three day, two loads, 14 deliveries, one full load haul, 1,600 mile start to the week.  I listened to a lot of coverage as I rolled across Wisconsin Tuesday night.  By the way, I will be bringing up a topic, in the future, concerning no school vouchers and churches not allowed to support candidates or policy due to the separation of Church and State, but subsidies and tax exempt status for Public Broadcasting.

Here is what I will be looking at today, if I stay parked long enough:

California and Washington voters inflicted gun and ammunition control on themselves by popular vote Tuesday night.

This is the purpose of our Constitution!  The Constitution protects citizens from the will of the masses.  Our Founding Fathers identified Rights, and said these must stand regardless of the popular vote.

We have some help with the way things went.  We have two years to breath in and breath out and work.  But, we need to be prepared for huge dollars, sweat, blood, and tears to be spent to push what "the people want" as proven in California and Washington.  This attack will start soon, and it will not end until they are crushed or they get their way.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Constitutional Republic anymore???
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 08:38:16 AM »
Michael has a FB post about what do we want first? I volunteered taking suppressors off the NFA, but in reality what we need is wide ranging and sweeping IMMEDIATE reforms to enact a whole list of pro-gun laws.  Revising the NFA, national reciprocity (without allowing the Feds to claim ownership of our right) and others.

At the same time, I would hope that whoever The Donald appoints to be AG will do a lot of things quickly, including a special prosecutor for Hillery and the klintoon foundation, plus start legal actions against the states that are making these half-assed laws - NY, IL, CT, and yes, especially CA. At the very least, Federal funding for these states has to stop immediately, make it hurt, make them squirm. kommiefornia's recent comments about succession need to be stomped on and hard.

The MSM and the entitleds will not allow Trump any peace or honeymoon period, so we need to be swift and decisive - and unified - in our actions. I worry about Ryan (who is apparently willing to kiss ass for the moment) and McConnell continuing to be feckless, concessionary and weak-willed. People like Graham and the other dozen or so supposedly R senators who publicly announced that they did not vote for Trump need to be recalled and/or strongly encouraged to retire.

Cleaning house starts at the top.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 08:40:09 AM »
Mikey, to your OP, we ain't been a Constitutional Republic for a long time. Like Claudius (according to Graves anyhow), the desire to re-instate the Republic is a noble idea, but Pandora's box has been opened and sadly we aren't going to get it back.

Trump vs. klintoon is what you get when a Republic dies.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 09:55:46 AM »
The Constitution has not been lost, but if we don't start pushing for it, it will be.  HRC showed how close we are when she said that she would appoint Justices (notice she used the plural) that saw, not understood, it the way she/we (speaking to her supporters) "WANTED" it.

We need to start with the Freedom of the Press to report - Not fabricate, or shape and mold (what the left is calling a threat to the press when DJT says he will hold the press liable for lies the promote; Freedom of Religion, not freedom from; the Right of the people; and "shall not be infringed."

On another thread there was talk of whittling down the NFA.  I say it needs to be repealed!  This is the Act that fuels many of our current anti-gun rhetoric, and helps create the goofy lists of what we can and cannot have on a firearm.

The Constitution of the United States - Use it or lose it!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »
The only way you will ever return to a "Republic" is on the other side of a dictatorship. Their needs to be a Stalin like purge of American society if you want to replace the dictatorship of the 51% with actual adherence to the Constitutional rule of law.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:57:52 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 03:11:16 PM »
The election is over, and it is ok to get a good night's sleep Tom.  You sound more down on the nation today than you did last week.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 06:02:14 AM »
Don't let down.
We won one real battle, the first in 35 years.
We didn't win the war.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 07:21:13 AM »
My be a good place to put this video on the Electorial College and why it's important and relevant.

And I saw a neat analogy the other day.   If it were a democracy then the World Series ended in a tie, 27 runs to 27 runs. 

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk