Author Topic: Finally got it, but I'm pleased  (Read 3619 times)

Lawrence Keeney

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Finally got it, but I'm pleased
« on: May 18, 2007, 09:23:27 PM »
Today I got a package in the mail from Gary Brommeland, of Brommeland Gunleather.

I had spoken to him some time back wasting his time asking about alternatives for someone like me, who had a serious back injury, and couldnt carry a gun the same way as most people do without pain.

So we finally decided on a Def Con, like this
http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/Products/def-con.htm for my Glock 26, plus a great custom belt to hold the gun up on my fat hind end, and a really good single mag pouch that from a distance looks like a paddle holster.

Ive had a few custom holsters, from various makers, mostly bought on ebay to try out, however, this, by far is the best.

It is well thought out, cants perfectly, and the draw is natural with it (Once I do about a hundred presentations to loosen it up some it will be). I sat here for a long time this evening and tried to shake the gun out of the holster, and couldnt manage it, so I imagine that it wouldnt come out in a fall, and probably not from someone trying to snatch it from me.

The ridge of leather on the back top end of the holster also makes the chances of the gun rubbing your gut a lot less likely.

It does seem, at least to me, someone who doesnt know much about leather, that this rig was designed by someone who has talked with gun carriers and given these sorts of problems a hell of a lot of thought.

The butt of the gun doesn't stick out, even though I have a bit of a gut, but stays right in there close to the body. This makes printing much less of a concern. I'll have to wear it a few weeks to know for sure, but it does seem to me that this rig will work well for me.

It should work for you too.

It ain't cheep, but quality never is.

Crescendo

Re: Finally got it, but I'm pleased
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 12:15:13 PM »

. . .It ain't cheep, but quality never is. 

I agree Lawrence - as I get older, I'm finding that, "Paying for Quality is much easier than finding it!"

Lawrence Keeney

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Finally got it, but I'm pleased
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 11:22:32 AM »
I know I had my problems with gary, but I think a little of that was from a lack of communication, and its in the past.

Thus, I can say, that if you can wait on his one man shop, you won't be disappointed.

I worked in a non permissive environment yesterday, and only got to wear the belt, so I tell you this, there is a heck of a lot of difference than a 40 dollar dept store belt and a good thick dress gunbelt.

A WHOLE lot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk