Author Topic: It's all about cosmetics...  (Read 10777 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
It's all about cosmetics...
« on: March 11, 2007, 12:56:10 PM »

Listen to Tom by clicking the play button below.

IT'S ALL ABOUT COSMETICS...

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's all about cosmetics...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 01:06:14 PM »
http://www.downrange.tv/dr001.html

Thanks to Tom Gresham for using this clip from his radio show.

I heard the show where he referred to the photo of Michael that you posted.  It was in reference to how black colored guns are perceived to be more "evil" in the eyes of the public than brightly colored guns.  He told people of Down Range TV and was very complimentary and guided people to the photo as a case in point.

His show starts in a couple of minutes for three hours, (every Sunday 2-5 p.m. EST).  Here's one of the online radio links that you can listen in on......great show!!  I've already tuned in for today's show, which should be very interesting given the great turn of events in D.C. this week.  Tom's a real gentleman.

http://www.kbnp.com/

Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

Snake45

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 02:35:03 PM »
I heard the show where he referred to the photo of Michael that you posted.  It was in reference to how black colored guns are perceived to be more "evil" in the eyes of the public than brightly colored guns. 
That's why I'm painting all the furniture on a "retro" AR I'm building GREEN, like the early ones. Then I can tell the hoplophobe-fascists and antigun-Talibanners to kiss my ass, I have a GREEN gun, it's good for the environment!  ;) ;D
And he's dreaming about an intruder or two
And the promise of burglar blood,
And he's yearning to chew on a gangster tattoo
And to hear the proverbial sickening thud...

--Warren Zevon, "Rottweiler Blues," Mutineer c1995

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 11:47:38 AM »
Leave it to Michael to know about makeup umm, er, I mean 'cosmetics'.   :P
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 02:37:54 PM »
The comment about the daughter in law thinking the yellow gun was all right but the black one looked scary kind of says it all, doesn't it? 
Life Member of the NRA

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:33:49 PM »

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 05:19:28 PM »
Marshal,

An observation.....when you try and click on the "Play" button from the "It's all about cosmetics" link, the button is "unclickable" so to speak.  It doesn't allow you to select the button so you can't click on it.  However, when you click on the actual "http:" link you provided in your original posting, which is directly below the Tom Gresham "GunTalk"photograph you posted and is imbedded within your quote in my posting from yesterday, that link works fine and allows you to select the "Play" button.  When you click it Tom Gresham's MP3 clip plays fine.  Looks like the "Play" button link needs to be matched to the "http:" link you used originally.

Regards
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 07:13:40 PM »
Always worked fine for me.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 07:31:13 PM »
Marshal,
An observation.....when you try and click on the "Play" button from the "It's all about cosmetics" link, the button is "unclickable" so to speak.

Hi CDR,
I am aware of this problem especially for IE users. This is one of the Bill Gates mysteries. For some IE users, you have to click twice on the play button to get audio clip to play. We are trying to find a workaround.

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 07:43:02 PM »
Hi CDR,
I am aware of this problem especially for IE users. This is one of the Bill Gates mysteries. For some IE users, you have to click twice on the play button to get audio clip to play. We are trying to find a workaround.

Hi Marshal,

Just as an FYI, I am using FireFox and no amount of clicking allows me to select the button.  Out of curiosity I tried entering via Explorer and it worked perfectly.......really weird.

Regards

matthew26

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 09:58:37 PM »
I made a similiar argument in my PR class in college before the expiration of the AWB and so many folks in the class thought the pre-ban weapon was so dangerous but couldn't tell it apart from the post-ban. This is why it's important to educate those in your circle of influence.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk