Author Topic: Shot Show 2020  (Read 1759 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 577
Shot Show 2020
« on: January 12, 2020, 05:18:46 PM »
Any of you guys going?  I don't know anyone personally who is going this year.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: Shot Show 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 09:36:52 PM »
I never go but I sure do like seeing what's new.

A day or two ago I found out Ruger has their own five-seven pistol, but they don't spell out 57 in Ruger-57. The MSRP is $799, so the actual price should be about half the price of the FN Five-seveN. 8) I'm thinking about trading in one of my .45s and a few extra mags for it. I need to talk to someone I know who has a 5.7mm to get his opinion on the caliber first. Then maybe wait awhile and see if the price comes down. Or if the guns are junk (I doubt it). 20+1 rounds in a defensive pistol sounds really good to me. They make 10-round mags too, for "those places". ::) Now they need to make a PCC that uses the same mags, and 30-round extended mags for both of them.

https://ruger.com/micros/57/
https://ruger.com/products/ruger57/models.html
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 06:52:12 PM »
I would like to go, did sema a coulpe of times.   I just dont know any one firearms industry( which is pretty damn shocking  as i know some one in just about every industry)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 07:17:58 AM »
I have had a number of friends attend.  What they said you need is essentially a gun oriented business card to get in.  The www.shotshow.org site looks like something easy to register for other than I don't have a gun business. 

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 11:25:47 AM »
I have had a number of friends attend.  What they said you need is essentially a gun oriented business card to get in.  The www.shotshow.org site looks like something easy to register for other than I don't have a gun business.
its more than that.

I have looked into it several times.  They have different  catagorys and most have 7-10 things needed.   Not cheap stuff to get either.  Like a comm'l  lease, POs, business  lic, advertisements ( in print no less) ffl number if required.  It would take  between  5- 10 k to get eberything needed. 

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:12:46 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 02:55:58 PM »
Or you could just talk to your friendly FFL or gunsmith and have them get you registered.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 07:30:50 AM »
Yeah, there is that....

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 08:09:40 AM »
Tried that, only prob is they get 2 tickets and you have to be an employee.

New state so not found my local guy yet. 

DianneB

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 03:42:37 AM »
its more than that.

I have looked into it several times.  They have different  catagorys and most have 7-10 things needed.   Not cheap stuff to get either.  Like a comm'l  lease, POs, business  lic, advertisements ( in print no less) ffl number if required.  It would take  between  5- 10 k to get eberything needed.

5-10k?  Maybe for an exhibitor, but not for just an attendee.  You just need to be in the industry....  Last time I looked... like maybe $50?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 04:41:34 PM »
There are other things there besides guns, Remember, it's the Shooting,Hunting, Outdoors Trade show, If you have a Tax number you can get in. At least that's haw it used to be.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk