Author Topic: What .22lr Is On Your Wall?  (Read 11505 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What .22lr Is On Your Wall?
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 05:37:16 PM »
my first firearm ... Winchester M1890 .22 short... my most accurate is a 10/22 set up for Chevy Sportsman's Team Challenge.... most used a dedicated CMMG conversion on my AR... 1/2 of my Grail guns a Browning Autoloader (Ruger Bearcat the other half)

Timothy

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 06:31:50 PM »
Grandpap’s Savage 1903!

Don’t shoot it anymore... 

I’ve been looking at a plinker for tree rats.  Probably a Henry carbine with Skinner peep.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 05:25:30 AM »
Unless I ate 'em by accident as a child, I ain't eatin' squirrel brains either.
I have ate hog brains-n-eggs.......... by choice.  ;D  ;D

I would have for sure thought a good Southern Boy like you would've eaten squirrel brains.  People think I do to....glad to hear we draw the line on the same yard line.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

joeb1

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 01:11:50 AM »
The only 22lr I have is a Ruger Mark IV Tactical 22/45.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 05:55:27 AM »
Yeah, I'd like to have one of those 22/45's.  It's on the list somewhere.  If I was more of a 1911 guy I'd for sure have one. 

I am a big believer in pistol training using a 22 LR.  My accuracy improved greatly by switching from the centerfire to an 22 and noticing a bad habit getting started.  Other than being taught the basics of how to properly hold and squeeze the trigger the biggest improvement in my accuracy came by putting a 22LR into my practice routine.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:46:37 PM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 06:20:45 AM »
We have three in the safe right now... A Henry Golden Boy...beautiful rifle. I bought a S&W Victory when they came out, and I think it's a nice pistol, especially for the price.

Third is a Marlin 60 I just brought home from my daughter's safe. It was my late son-in-law's first rifle. I brought it home to clean it up and work on it. I put about 200 rounds through it last weekend and, although it's just one step above a Red Ryder, it's a little tack driver.  I'm going to keep it running right so when Mom decides my granddaughter is ready, she can learn to shoot on her Daddy's first rifle.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 06:18:13 AM »
I also scooped up a Browning A-Bold circa 1986 +/- unfired.  I picked that up a couple of years ago and it's time to shoot it.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 08:08:30 AM »
to add to what Rastus commented about .22lr for practice...I put about 150 a week through an Advantage Arms .22lr conversion for my G34.... I fitted the .22 slide with a set of Heinie sights similar to what are on the 9mm...the range does not allow drawing from a holster, so I start with muzzle touching the tray... a bunch of years ago a local Sports Authority was going out of business and I bought several cases of UMC for $7 a 500 round brick... slowly working my way through it

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 12:18:41 PM »
Just thought of a couple other I have besides these
Anshutz .22 Bolt
Marlin 39(have 2 of them, both pre safety)
Ruger 10-22T
I have a...
 Remington 512X
Winchester 67
Chipmunk .22 (I bought this for my daughter)
Now for Pistols I have
3 Ruger Single Sixes
S&W K-22 4 screw
S&W 422

What .22 Pistols do Y'all own?
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 01:57:32 PM »
Besides my 10/22 I have a Ruger Mark II Target pistol and a 22/45, and a .22LR/.22 Magnum convertible NAA mini-revolver. I think that's all of them.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk