0 (0%)
A&W
0 (0%)
Five Guys
0 (0%)
Shake Shack
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Can You Find The Beef - - - Hamburger Chains You Like/Don't Like  (Read 2032 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
The poll probably should be who do you want to see go out of business because you believe that they have taken you, the customer, for granted. 

You can change your vote after you think about it for a while.

I stopped in at Burger King last Friday night after the football game for a whopper.  They should call it a bread burger with meat paste on it.  Disgusting.  I thought that maybe they had given me a Jr. Whopper meat patty...but no...it was reminiscent of the Wendy's postage stamp burger competitor claims from the last century.

I stopped at Burger King after waiting -f o r e v e r- for McDonald's to finish my order and could not stand waiting any longer.  I knew the BK burger would not be great...I wish I would have waited a few more minutes at McDonald's.

Wendy's....ain't been right in 15 years or so.  I try them every 2-3 years...nope. 

Sonic got bought out several years ago and an anticipated slide in food desirability to boost profits may have shown it's face...not as bad as it could be.  No more malts though....so I pass them by a lot more often now.  If they keep their business guys/MBA's in check they should chug along ok.

No WhatABurgers near me where I am now...doggone. 

I gotta say Carl's Jr. is holding up pretty good.  It's my go to when I see one with no WhatABurger around.

Rally's is no where near where I live but when I see it I will swing by.  Long live the Big Buford...despite the computer taking my order.

White Castle...ugh.  I've never been a fan but they are what they are.  They should keep on chuggin' along with what works for them though I have no idea why it ever went anywhere.  I can't fault these guys for doing what they do.  Good on them.

As far as I am concerned...there is absolutely no good reason to go to what used to be my favorite, Burger King, ever again.  I will to pay $$'s for a good burger but not for a "bread burger" like I was served this past Friday.  Goodness....who owns those guys?  The Chinese?  Maybe they hired too many MBA's....a common malady in failing companies who once were solid performers.

There have been lawsuits recently because the pics some burger joints show aren't anywhere near what the food they serve you looks like.  I hope they lose their A$$'$ for that.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
Re: Can You Find The Beef - - - Hamburger Chains You Like/Don't Like
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 05:07:43 PM »
Usually when we're on the road, Miss Kitty and I will stop at McDonalds for breakfast and for snacks, because the bathrooms are usually clean and we know what we want on the menu.   Recently on a long trip we stopped at one for breakfast and they only took orders on-line or through the kiosk.  But we wanted to browse the menu and the kiosk was NOT very "browse" friendly.  We ordered our usually fair and paid by credit card, though normally we like to pay cash for all meals. 

When our "number" was called the "attendant" informed us that one item was available, and she had issued a credit on our card.  I asked about a substitute.  She indicated that we need to go back to the kiosk and order what ever the substitute we wanted there.  I asked, "How will we know if you actually have that item?"  She just shrugged her shoulders.  We have written McD off our list for the foreseeable future.  We discovered that QT has much better sausage biscuits at half the price.  And much better, larger and cheaper OJ.

I see that the corporate owner of Taco Bell is committed to all digital orders and payment in the next 2 years.  I'm committed to not buying from them like, forever.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023, 05:21:09 PM »
Dairy Queen is my go to once or twice a year.  Several of those chains don’t exist up here…. Haven’t been to MD or BK in years.  Wendy’s probably four years past.

Our DQ has a great fish house across the street and an actual butcher shop nearby, too!

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 09:18:34 PM »
<snip>
I see that the corporate owner of Taco Bell is committed to all digital orders and payment in the next 2 years.  I'm committed to not buying from them like, forever.

Amen brother.  I walk right past the kiosk thingeys at Taco Bell and McDonald's.  Whenever some worker "reminds" me I can order at the kiosk I remind them I do not have to. 

Their business exists to make money by selling product and service to the consumer and my money is unavailable if I can't walk up and order from a human.  Yep, I have walked out without buying anything...

But I gotta say the Rally's computer that takes your order at the drive up is a cut above the normal worker.  I can hear and understand it and I generally do not have to repeat any of my order.  If I do make a change it's easy and the machine appears to get it right.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 05:57:56 AM »
Owner of local Taco Bell is friend.  His store has been a test site for the AI drive through.  We go over twice a month and test it, then given feedback.  The latest iteration has work rather well.  Hate to say it but better than a human.  Intelligibility is the big reason.  Both ways.  I can understand the bot, not to loud & not to soft. Great articulation.  Plain English.  I haven’t asked but I wonder if it can detect and change language? 
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 09:36:59 AM »
Well, next time hit it with "No habla ingles" or "Я не говорю по-английски"  in Russian or pick another language.   You bring up an interesting question let us know what the answer is....

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 11:25:16 AM »
It wouldn't bother me if I never ate a McD's jackass burger ever again. The only reason I go there for anything now is for the grand-kids and the occasional caramel frappe (theirs are good for the price...IF the machine is working....and IF they feel like making them that day....CS sucks these days).

My burger go-to over the decades has always been BK Whopper or double cheese for fast food and the occasional DQ double cheese burger....but both of those have went WAY up in price and WAY down in both quality and customer service.

These last few years if I want a good burger I go to a joint that is regional to the southeast called Cook Out Burgers. I can get a double burger all the way with coice of two sides and a large sweet tea for $7 and it's good food and pleasant service....they have outstanding shakes too.
I sometimes go to our local Wendy's for one of their bacon double cheese combo's....they're still close to what they used to be.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2023, 07:55:33 PM »
Well, next time hit it with "No habla ingles" or "Я не говорю по-английски"  in Russian or pick another language.   You bring up an interesting question let us know what the answer is....

And if AI switches to perfect Spanish or Russian?
Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2023, 09:18:09 PM »
Then that answers the question as to whether or not it will respond in another language!!!  I guess the next thing to do is to tell you only buy American and leave.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2023, 07:30:37 AM »
I stopped by a Sonic for a cheeseburger yesterday.  Far and above that of Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's or DQ.  DQ is too expensive and light on the meat.

A couple of days before that, out of necessity, I stopped at a McDonald's in Lake Village, AR.  The McDonald's double cheeseburger suffices for me but still below the Sonic cheeseburger.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk