Author Topic: Bug Out Gun  (Read 17175 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bug Out Gun
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2014, 09:25:52 PM »
check out the length of the KAK buffer tube in my reply #3

vincewarde

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2014, 01:53:41 AM »
Bic, Double check the legality of the Sig Brace !!!

http://gunssavelives.net/gun-industry/breaking-recent-atf-letter-on-sig-brace-calls-into-question-legality-of-shoulder-firing/

A new letter issued by the ATF to a custom shotgun shop could signal a change in the way the SIG Brace is being treated by the ATF.

According to the letter, addressed to Black Aces Tactical, a custom shotgun shop, it appears to call into question the act of shouldering a firearm equipped with the brace.

.....................................More at link.............................................

While we should remain alert, ATF issues opinions on specific items.  Until they retract their letter on the SIG Brace and issue a new opinion the original opinion stands.   Can they arrest you?  Sure, but good luck getting a conviction when the ATF opinion that the item was legal no matter how you used it.

Let's face it, any time you modify a gas tube on an AR15 pistol so you can more easily fire it off the shoulder, you are pushing the envelope.  You're getting very close to SBR territory.  I have seen people advise the use of a cane tip on the end of the gas tube.  IMHO, that's very risky.  Other than making it easier to shoulder, what is the purpose of installing that item?  ATF approved the SIG Brace because it is designed to enhance the use of the forearm as a pistol, not to be a shoulder stock.  The fact that it can be used as such doesn't negate the purpose of the design.

Is it worth it just to save a $200.00 tax and a wait?  If you get busted your lawyer's first hour will cost more than that!  Personally, I'll just follow the law - and be thrilled I'm moving to a state that lets me own NFA items.

tombogan03884

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2014, 06:20:05 AM »
Since you brought it up, just HOW does the Sig brace work.
Does it serve as a counter weight ?

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2014, 06:54:00 AM »
I was at the range yesterday. There was a guy there shooting a AR-15 pistol he had built with a Sig brace on it. He was using it like a shoulder stock. We got to talking and I looked at it. This thing is a shoulder stock, period. It's got some kind of strap on it, but I couldn't see how you could even get your arm through the small opening that is supposed to accommodate your wrist, (forearm). Perhaps if you were 8 years old it could be used as it is supposedly designed. There was no way I could do it. It would have been much too tight.... Almost like a tourniquet.

This is another one of those gimmick accessories that get around a already existing ATF law. My guess is these things will be banned in time. They do make an AR-15 pistol look cool as hell instead of having that big, foam covered tube sticking out the back. If I remember correctly, there was some kind of trigger that allowed full auto type firing of a semi auto that met the same fate. It was released for sale to the public with an, "ATF Letter Of Approval", only to be rescinded by the ATF a short time later. The people who bought them took the gas pipe on them. If you're in possession of one today on a gun and get caught, it's Crowbar Hilton time.

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 09:04:14 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2014, 08:14:19 AM »
That's it.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2014, 06:21:24 PM »
Buffer tube.....gas tube is at the front end.

;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2014, 08:41:12 PM »

mortdooley

• The U.S. Constitution poses no serious threat to our form of government..
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2014, 03:42:57 PM »
There is a youtube video of Jerry Miculek wearing an AR pistol on each forearm using the Sig brace shooting at multiple targets. Anyone can use the brace as intended or any way approved by ATF.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

- – Voltaire

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.--Ray Bradbury

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2014, 08:35:01 AM »
Finished.

Here's the completed kit.
12" AR with full length free-float tube.  Extended take down pins.  Pop-up sights.  Four 20 round magazines.  Spare parts kit.  Cleaning Kit.  Multitasker multi-tool.  Sling.  Carry bag, 20" x 5" x 5" What more could you want to grab and go?  Short term or long term?

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk