Author Topic: Sponsors/Advertisers  (Read 4211 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
Sponsors/Advertisers
« on: February 03, 2016, 07:19:02 PM »
I view advertisers as sponsors of a show.  I say this because even though they do not pay directly to produce the show, they pick the show as a way of reaching their audience, and they accept the content being presented.

It is a shock to see the diversity of advertisers sponsoring Best Defense this evening.  I have become accustomed to only firearm and self defense industry supporting our interests.  But, Esurance, Golden Corral, etc. are a pleasant surprise.  And as I type this, Bowflex is sponsoring The Gunfather.

I see this as a positive move by Outdoor Channel getting other industries comfortable with the things we like.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Sponsors/Advertisers
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 08:00:41 PM »
Most ad agencies do extensive research on the size of potential markets.

From all I have heard,  firearms owners are a fast growing market...and with women being a surging group too.

Might be they see the market potential and are grabbing for some of it.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 08:02:20 AM »
Anyone else PO'd that OC have whored themselves to the degree that they have allowed cheaper than platinum to advertise and be a major sponsor of MB's showes?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 01:30:59 PM »
Anyone else PO'd that OC have whored themselves to the degree that they have allowed cheaper than platinum to advertise and be a major sponsor of MB's showes?
I saw that.  Michael, Michael, Michael...  But it worked!  I went to their website for the first time in years, YEARS I tell you.  I still won't buy anything from them, too many other alternatives and I don't need to squeeze every nickel when it comes to buying online, only when I'm buying something the wife doesn't know about, which is always cash and local ;D 
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk