Author Topic: Minneapolis Burning  (Read 5468 times)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: Minneapolis Burning
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2020, 08:13:20 AM »
Grady Judd is Sheriff of Polk County which borders Hillsborough (Tampa) and Pasco (where I live)... typical response that makes him a darling to most of us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQF2SFz0A0I

I think of Grady as one of my few remaining heroes.  I have outlived many of the others.  But even the great Judd is not without fault.  He came out publicly against open carry.  Other than that, he's a pretty good guy and there are many stories about him that would tend to confirm that.  One of the best involved a felon who had shot a K9 and his handler while trying to evade.  They tracked him into a swampy area where the cretin decided to make a stand.  He started shooting at the officers and Grady's officers started shooting back.  When it was over, they counted up the perforations in the felon and came to an astounding number.  When the press heard how many times the perp had been shot, they asked Grady why his men shot him 123 times.  His response:  "They ran out of bullets."

That's the kind of sheriff I can respect.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2020, 09:21:26 AM »
We probably all seen this weekend the city councilman who plans to disband the police department and funnel,the money elsewhere.

So I'd think every entity would then form or contract out their own security forces.  This includes the U of Minn, every building owner and shopping area.  Of course that would mean the establishment of a whole bunch of little fiefdoms. And it would drive up employment for security guards.  Who more willing and eager to fill those positions than out of work MPD officers.  Same police force, fractured territories, different overlords.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2020, 09:41:41 AM »
Well, Alf, you may be right. But likely the city will form a "Citizen's Brigade" comprised of volunteers to patrol the streets and entreat bad guys from, well, being bad I guess.

Of course you would need to identify them easily so you can call to them if you happen to encounter a bad guy. Maybe matching clothes of some sort. Too uniform-like to dress the whole person, maybe just the shirt, clearly visible, like the soccer refs. Only not too visible, wouldn't want the bad guys to spot the "Citizen's Brigade" members too easily now, would we. A nice subdued uniform consistent color, something earth-tone perhaps? I know, let's make the shirts brown, that'll work!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2020, 10:16:45 AM »
If the police are defunded/disbanded in a locality, I'd expect to see firearms ownership double  in that area. 

Half the Antis would soon join the ranks of gun owners and half the 2nd Amendment supporters who don't own firearms would become owners.

And I do wonder what effect that would have on crime? 

As statistics show, higher personal firearm ownership, the lower the crime rate...and I really doubt that the existence of a police force has much effect on that number.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2020, 11:00:38 AM »
Crusader Rabbit, Has he been in office THAT long ? I've been laughing about that interview for ages   ;D

Alf, and the city council gets to split up that extra money as insurance becomes unobtainable.
Lebanon Me where my Dad was Dog Officer, did away with their PD years ago. With in 30 days they had their first murder in over 100 years, and insurance rates doubled.
From what I've heard it is now the are center for Pot distribution,

Pathfinder, Stripes dude, ask your wife. Probably including yellow, green, purple and pink.
I asked some one else's wife   ;D

Solus, That's what is driving the current buying boom.
Some one said a Liberal was a conservative who hadn't been mugged yet.
They yuppies are getting a look at the world outside their offices and suburbs and it scares the  sh!t out of them.
It strikes me as a feminine reaction.
Flowers and sweetness until the merest threat then they kill.
When they are in the "Kill it" mode point out, "Nobody needs a gun was a lie, What else were you lied to about?"
As far as crime, it hit record lows during the shut down which amused me no end. I used it to claim even the Gang Bangers were grounded by Nanny Whitmer.  :)   But I actually suppose it's because every one was stuck home and getting mad. Even a Crack head can figure out THAT'S a bad idea.   :) 

I don't know if they will openly join groups like NRA, or Pink Pistols, but gun control is a dead issue.
They will still keep trying to screw us.
The threat won't go away, but if a candidate bases his campaign on banning those evil guns, they'll just not get votes, the libs will vote for abortion guy, or freebie guy and just ignore Gun control guy.
Or quietly vote Trump.  :)

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 04:24:10 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2020, 01:10:08 PM »
Numerous articles talk about disbanding City Police departments refer to Camden, NJ as an example.   There they formed a New County wide police dept to replace the city PD.  The county PD will, for a fee, handle LEO activities of any of the other cities in the county.  I would find it interesting how a PD that reports to the County elected officials puts any priorities on enforcing City ordinances. 

However, none of the articles I've read so far does it seem the City is in communications with Hennepin County to handle law enforcement in the interim.   Hennepin County has a Sheriffs department but I'm wondering it they have the manpower and budget to handle the extra load.
Will work for ammo

tombogan03884

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2020, 02:41:40 PM »
Did they mention it was done because the democrat mayor had the budget so screwed up that the couldn't afford to pay the cops ?

Alf, what type of ordinances did you have in mind ?
When Lebanon did it the Sheriffs Dept pretty much ignored them.
When the resident said "F - U sue me." The Deputy would say, "Yeah, Go ahead."
Once the Judge issued anything then the County would act.
I believe York County charged Lebanon an annual fee but I don't know how much.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2020, 06:04:05 PM »
Did they mention it was done because the democrat mayor had the budget so screwed up that the couldn't afford to pay the cops ?

Alf, what type of ordinances did you have in mind ?

Well it appears the mayor isn't exactly on-board with this idea.  Hate to be him right now.

I don't have any ordinances in mind.    My thoughts are:

1 - Better training and vetting of officers who are prone to brutish behavior.  LEOs encounter people who will hurt them and need to be able and trained to respond. However, they need to be know when to de-escalate.  Hard to do in the moment, I'm know.  This week, this month, every video camera is trained on every confrontation.  If the LEO is Buffalo who pushed the 75yo down had stopped immediately to render aid, it would have so changed the narrative, regardless of what led up to the shove.

2 - Rarely, if ever using no-knock warrants.  Not the issue I realize in Minneapolis, at the moment, but part of the bigger picture. 

3 - Do away with red-flags laws.
Will work for ammo

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2020, 06:24:34 PM »
We need to have a list published and plastered all over the Internet of every person and company who donated to Black Lives Matter. Along with how much.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2020, 08:11:59 PM »
We probably all seen this weekend the city councilman who plans to disband the police department and funnel,the money elsewhere.

So I'd think every entity would then form or contract out their own security forces.  This includes the U of Minn, every building owner and shopping area.  Of course that would mean the establishment of a whole bunch of little fiefdoms. And it would drive up employment for security guards.  Who more willing and eager to fill those positions than out of work MPD officers.  Same police force, fractured territories, different overlords.

The Minneapolis stupidity won't affect the University of Minnesota.  A couple months ago the U made it clear they wanted nothing to do with the Minneapolis PD.  Since the Twin Cities are now known for two things, and it isn't their Scandinavian roots or Minnesota nice.  The Twin Cities is the Wiccan capital of the world, and also contains the larges population of Somalians outside of Mogadishu - Let them protect the community!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk