Author Topic: $hucks it is cold...  (Read 1617 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
Re: $hucks it is cold...
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2024, 09:15:05 AM »
I just looked out my back door and literally said out loud, WTF! Because it's snowing. I guess I don't have to mow the lawn for awhile yet. I had daffodils, tulips, and lilies all popping up a couple weeks ago, and some little purple flowers in bloom. That was probably ground ivy, or maybe catnip, both weeds in the mint family. I saw it in my front yard one day when I got my mail. I may have other weeds in that spot, but remember something like ground ivy being in that spot for several years. I'm sitting around in my bathrobe and slippers without my lounge pants on, and my ankles have felt cold for hours. Now I know why. It's below freezing outside and I still haven't moved my desk to open the heat duct behind the door that's pinned open by my desk. Once I open that duct, the heat can blow though a 5" wide space between the door and wall to my right, around the edge of the door that's a foot from the wall behind my desk that's half open in back.

Today's trivia: The board that runs across the front underside of a desk and keeps you from looking up a lady's skirt is called a a modesty board, or a modesty panel. Mine is only 14" high and reaches down 4" from the floor. Plenty of room to get some hot air in my lap, if not on my ankles from the half of the desk that's wide open. Until I open the heat duct I'm wearing Under Armor Coldgear fleece pants. My ankles are still exposed and cold, so I better grab a pair of winter boot socks too. Sometimes I wear those to bed if my feet get too cold, and I may have a couple of clean pairs. The rest of my body is so warm I have my robe wide open, but my feet are too far from my core to stay warm.  :(  I just walked outside dressed that way to get my mail and didn't feel cold at all, except for my ankles.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2024, 09:21:10 AM »
I can't speak for the rest of you but the older I get the MORE cold affects me. Years ago I heard my mother speak about being "chilled to the bone". I THOUGHT I knew what that meant. I was WRONG. Now I understand. Sometimes it takes a full day to get back to a normal state after being "Chilled to the bone".!

It is March and this morning it is 26. The high will be about 40. WAYYYYY too cold.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2024, 09:28:25 AM »
It's 26 here too but feels like it's only 20, and the high is supposed to be 36. It was in the 60s or 70s earlier this month, maybe last month. I can't keep track of the days anymore. The good news is I got a box full of Pyro Putty and stuff today. If all else fails, I'll set something on fire to stay warm!
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2024, 12:01:42 AM »
Since Tuesday was the first day of spring I mowed my grass. It was really hard to start the mower since I didn't properly winterize it. Tuesday night it snowed, and Wednesday there was still a little bit of snow on the south side of my shed and driveway all day where the sun don't hit it. I don't know how cold it was, but it was too cold.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2024, 04:07:40 PM »
Like the song written by Frank Loesser 80 years ago said, Baby, It's Cold Outside. It's 28 degrees but feels like it's only 20. But try telling that to this daffy-dill that's planted with a tulip. This thing is just plain daft, coming out in weather like this. The tulip will wait until after the daffodil blooms and the flower dies off, before it blooms. If I don't accidentally mow it down first. The pics are less than an hour old.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 03:40:55 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk