Author Topic: What happened to the US BUDGET  (Read 444 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
What happened to the US BUDGET
« on: March 23, 2024, 11:22:54 AM »
Ever notice nobody talks about the US BUDGET anymore.  They only talk about  SPENDING BILLS. 

It's like they've got a debt ceiling so they can spend until they hit it.  No fiscal responsibility.

There are so few Congress critters trying to bring order back but are fighting an up-hill  up-sheer-cliff battle.

Just for a reference:  https://apnews.com/article/congress-shutdown-budget-speaker-johnson-85dc1e93f6c49c154c02a166d0e8e784
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: What happened to the US BUDGET
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 01:32:38 PM »
We have reached that time that Benjamin Franklin warned about. Our elected servants have realized that by passing out dollars they can buy votes. Don't blame just one party or mindset. Even extremist spending cutters like MTG is pandering to her power base with our money.

The saddest part is that many voters are fully convinced that the government cannot and is not intended to budget like a family or business budget - Recognizing the ability and intention to pay back the debt. These voters have also bought into the farce that Social Security and Medicare are not systems that are owed to those who have funded it under the promise it would be there for those who paid in.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 05:59:39 AM »
In the time of our country's founding mathematicians and other scientists were the only people familiar with numbers like one trillion, and then it was mostly used in an abstract, theoretical kind of way. No one in the world at that time could have ever imagined the government repeatedly spending billions and trillions of dollars they don't have. But now it happens all the time. The dollars they spend are so numerous they're like grains of sand on the beach.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 08:19:38 AM »
Greedy and dishonest politicians are partially responsible as they are liars, thieves and murderers.  Selfish beyond a fault, acting in their self-interest and not for the people, lovers of admiration the policticians are virtually all corrupt in this nation.  Voters love to have their ears tickled and hate to think...they embrace the lie and are primarily responsible for this.

Our form of government cannot exist without Godly men. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 10:49:48 AM »
So evil MAGA Republicans are at it again.  Trying to at least bring some transparency to spending they've been branded as obstructionist. 
First it's the military aid package.  Just asking they be split into separate bills not lumped all in one.
Then there's the question of the Key Bridge rebuild.  Can we at least take a deep breath and see where we're going with this?  What's the hurry?  How much will the Baltimore and Maryland kick in?  How about tolls for a payback? 

Somewhere we're going to run out of money.  Somewhere, sometime in the future it's going to hurt.  Oh I know, just kick the can down the road.
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:02:53 AM »

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2024, 11:29:41 AM »
US Budget? We ain't got one and likely never will again.

I was watching Grapes of Wrath the other night, and I was reminded of just how back the leftist "big government good" goes. There are repeated scenes of migrant camps, filthy, run down, ruled by the bulls and local cops, usually brutally, etc.

Then the Joad family limps into a US Gummint camp, that is clean, has running water and porcelain bathroom fixtures, is run by a kindly grandfather type, etc. All of the subtlety of a sledgehammer blow.

I am convinced that the great American experiment is done, over, stick a fork into it, nice while it lasted. Trump, if he is elected will not be able to do a damn thing, the bureaucracy has been so thoroughly perverted (in every sense of the word)  and the Pubbies in kongress so weak-spined that he will have no support from anyone other than the people who put him there - and all they can do is to continue to fund the federal lunacy. And his getting put in the WH is a huge hurdle, now that the dems have figured out how to cook the books and get away with it (thanks to a willing and compliant media). And that's assuming the dems allow him to even get to the election. The dems keep chumming the waters around Trump, I am truly concerned that some looney lefty will take matters into his/her/its/xe/xit hands and do something really awful.

Anyone ask Claire Wolfe about the time lately?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 12:26:40 PM »
To paraphrase a movie line:

Budget,,,,,, We don't need no stinking budget!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 06:18:49 PM »
So evil MAGA Republicans are at it again.  Trying to at least bring some transparency to spending they've been branded as obstructionist. 
First it's the military aid package.  Just asking they be split into separate bills not lumped all in one.
Then there's the question of the Key Bridge rebuild.  Can we at least take a deep breath and see where we're going with this?  What's the hurry?  How much will the Baltimore and Maryland kick in?  How about tolls for a payback? 

Somewhere we're going to run out of money.  Somewhere, sometime in the future it's going to hurt.  Oh I know, just kick the can down the road.

The bridge is already a toll bridge. 

"The bridge carried an estimated 11.5 million vehicles annually, with an average daily traffic of 31,500 vehicles."

Below are the toll rates for  motorcycles up to medium trucks.  Among the higher rates, a semi could pay $30 with the discounted E-Z Pass system.

E-ZPass Maryland Rates:
Axle Count   Current Rates
Commuter   1.40*
2-axle   $3.00
3-axle   $8.00
4-axle   $12.00
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2024, 12:26:43 AM »
We don't just have a toll bridge in Michigan, we have a TROLL bridge. :)  It takes 7 years to paint it and when they get to the end they start again at the other end. Even with 67 years of maintenance being done the tolls have never been very high.

Passenger Vehicle ā€“ $2.00 per axle or $4.00 per car.

All Others ā€“ $5.00 per axle.

If I pull my single axle trailer over it again it will be 6 bucks each way. The Bridge is 20 years older, and over 3 times the length, but not 3 times the toll. A bargain to get to the U.P. ;D  $25 for a semi without any kind of discount doesn't sound too unreasonable, I guess.

But, we're ALL going to pay for the Key Bridge. Or the kids and grand-kids of those you who have kids will pay for it. Not me. ;)

By the way, Trump is an idiot, but he's our idiot (unfortunately). Couldn't the Republican party find anyone better than THAT to run for President?

Choosing between Democrats and Republicans is like choosing how you're going to die, when you'd rather live.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2024, 09:58:11 AM »
Iā€™m familiar with the privately owned Ambassador bridge Detroit-Windsor.  Dad was from Belle river.  Just found out Alabama has one that the state is buying up this year.  There are about a dozen others around the country.
Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk