Author Topic: Remington Outdoor Co $1B in debt  (Read 4042 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Remington Outdoor Co $1B in debt
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 06:27:30 PM »
A lot of corporations are worth more dead than alive. There is a market for buying companies, chopping them up, and selling off the assets. These guys make millions doing this. Like the guy Richard Gere played in "Pretty Woman".

i am worth about 3.5 mill dead....

about 300k alive lol
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 07:21:29 PM »
Excuse me as I call BS on this article simply because it is not clear on one item, chosen for emotional response, and because another item is a blatant lie:

First, was the Bushmaster made by Remington or Colt?  Just because Remington is the current company name on it does not mean that all Bushmasters were made by Remington;

Second, go to the FBI Fact Sheets http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/2013-operations-report  The article claims that gun sales are slumping after climbing in 2012 due to fears of regulation.
I have commented on another thread about the gun sales increase, and here are the facts I learned while reading The Future Of The Gun by Frank Miniter:  In 2006 NICS requests jumped from 8.9 million to 10.0 million, the first major jump in many years.  Since 2006 NICS requests have climbed from10.0 million (in 2006) to 21.1 in 2013.  This includes a 1.5 million jump from 2012 to 2013 - A major part of the time frame the New York Times claims is slumping gun sales.

*  I am commenting this now vs. my general comment earlier, because when I first read this thread the computer at the location I was at would not open the newspaper site.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 07:28:48 PM »
Allow me to add another fact found by reading actual company history:

Cebrerus took control of Remington on May 31, 2007.  This is a year after purchasing Bushmaster, and six months prior to purchasing DPMS.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 06:23:07 AM »
M 58, your data are a year out of date.
It's common knowledge that sales have been slowing down, that's why availability is back up and prices have been coming down.
Colt never had anything to do with Bushmaster,so I don't understand that reference.
The article is not about Remington arms, but the umbrella company of Remington Outdoor, so not only the Bushmasters are made by them but also Blade tech DPMS,etc.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 07:55:23 AM »
First, Tom, I apologize for the Colt reference.  My editor missed it as I removed and changed several items in my drafts.  You would be amazed what I put in a few paragraphs and then move and/or change in the process of writing.

Second, Remington is my reference to Remington Outdoors.

Third, gun sales are not slumping in 2014!  It is true they are down from 2014 and 2013, but year to date they are running ahead of 2012 in numbers, and the monthly trends match historical patterns.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2014/10/nics-checks-show-gun-purchases-strong-in-2014.aspx

Don't buy into the anti-gun mainstream media BS that the gun industry is dead, and that the NRA is planning for the funeral.  That is unless you still believe that Dewey won.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:33:49 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 08:54:09 AM »
Never said, insinuated, or hinted the industry is dead. Merely pointed out the glaringly obvious fact that the crazy times have settled down to a more normal level .

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 02:19:09 PM »
Between the facts that we still have high gun sales, selections are still hurting with long backorders, and the manufacturers have not stopped producing, I believe that this is not a return to the old normal.  However, I will accept the new normal as long as businesses keep pushing as well.  Unless you are one of those people who demands huge growth every day, this is still a very good industry to be invested in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk