Author Topic: Stoeger 2000 question..  (Read 13452 times)

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Stoeger 2000 question..
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 02:02:54 PM »
PegLeg45...the one for 11mim47s has a little better perspective of the targets, and a little of the flair the AMU puts in a stage like the Stryker ride and smoke...for stage one at the Conex outpost, I had to hold off about 16" for the 400m flash target due to wind.... to be able to shoot a rifle at elevated targets and not worry about the fall out area was really strange....

TScottW99

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 10:59:33 PM »
I love my Stoeger 2000!  I have used it for dove, waterfowl, turkey, predator, deer and small game.  It will shoot slugs just fine with the proper choke.  Mine has shot a ton of 000 and 4 buck for predator not to mention heavy turkey and goose loads.  This gun has been run hard and performed at 100%.  It even went for a swim one winter during duck season at 15* weather and did just fine after it was thawed out  ;D

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

-Theodore Roosevelt

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 12:50:16 AM »
Well, I finally got it.. 12/24 Turkey Gun..
I had some left over #8s from the last 12 ga. I had, and it didn't like them at all. I was afraid I was going to have a bad one. Once I got through that last box, I got into some new stuff, which it didn't like either.. It just didn't want to cycle. I put some Rio High Brass #5 through it and still just didn't like anything.. I have some canned magic, though.. I put a couple of shots of Ballistol in the action and within 5 rounds, it was running as smooth and quick as the Benelli..
Got a +5 extension from Nordic on its way and a recoil reducer so the wife will maybe pick it up again.. (Not a gun girl) She said the thing was too heavy. I wonder what she'll think when I get the recoil reducer, +5 and a dead chicken hanging off the end..
NEW TOY! NEW TOY!
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk