Author Topic: Episode 1: Safe at Home  (Read 50843 times)

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Episode 1: Safe at Home
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2009, 09:18:45 AM »
Got it.  Thanks!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

xddan

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2009, 10:33:56 AM »
I lie in PA and it takes the state police about 40 minutes to get to my house so any training i can get helps. im always looking for more training so im going to enjoy this season thanks, Dan
Say Alert Stay Alive Always check your six o'clock Gulf War and Cold War Vet

baershooteer

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2009, 10:41:17 AM »
Great Show! It left me wantiing more.  What are the chances of "The Best Defense" becoming an hour show in the future?
There's no limit to the amount of your money the Government would like to spend.

Bulldog39

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2009, 10:43:46 AM »
Great show, can hardly wait till the next one, but I will be busy changing the striker plates and screws plus adding dead-bolts and hinges. I really like the plywood mounting idea for the weapon and light.

Great job again on the show.

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 09:42:23 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2009, 10:52:25 AM »
What "drawing"??

You've got to read your "New Season & Happy New Year" e-mail from Michael!  However, if you don't and you don't enter it won't hurt my feelings  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2009, 11:45:47 AM »
Great show guys!  I missed it the first two times it aired and finally got to see it at 2300 before the wife and kids HAD to watch Dick Clark. 

The wife watched it too and was interested.  She shoots OK but when I mention how to improve the basics it becomes an arguement but watching the show last night and it "clicked."  She wants some professional instruction eventually. 

One thing that might be a stretch but besides home invasion some info on fire prevention/escapes could be worked into it too since some of the same techniques can apply.  Plus basic survival is a pretty good defense if you ask me.

A note about safes that might want to be mentioned: Bolt it to the floor (I'm guilty of not doing it).  Recently a burglary here resulted in the loss of a large rifle collection when the robbers just took the whole safe.  MBs current issue notwithstanding you CAN get into a safe eventually
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2009, 12:38:09 PM »
Thanks, all! I watched Episode 1 again this AM, and I'm still very happy with it (rare, because I'm picky). You'll see the format evolving as we move through the season. On some shows there's more Mike J.; some where Rob takes the lead and a few where I'm doing the lifting. Our intent is always to put the best instructor for the  information presented in front, with the other two supporting.

Our plan is that at the end of 13 episodes of TBD you'll have gone through a very intensive course not just on shooting, but on the reality of personal protection. Then, of course, there's next season, which will continue the course. We had a LOT of discussions on what information to present in which logical sequence. Our tendency was to put in too much information, which led to 45-minute shows (and yes, I lobbied for an hour but was shot down). We also didn't want to present info out of sequence because one of the problems we identified on some other programming was mixed beginner and advanced information presented sequentially — "There's a knock on your door...now here's how to transition to your battle rifle..." We want to keep everyone moving along the same path throughout the season.

TBD's website will be expanding over the course of the season, adding information to enhance each episode.

We'll also be using the information gathered here to build future seasons, so thanks again!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

tombogan03884

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2009, 12:40:09 PM »
I'm going to ignore your wacky hypothetical scenario. Actually in this case, Tom is not offering sage advice. As I said, there is some basic information you must give officers at the scene. These involve securing evidence, making sure no one else needs medical attention and trying to apprehend fleeing suspects. You should not say anything beyond that, but you do have to tell officers basic safety information they need to secure the scene.

The only information you MUST give to police is that you want your /a lawyer.
Watch the video.

The Law Professor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

The Cop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

YOU BETTER WATCH THE DARN VIDEO !  I HUNTED THROUGH OVER 60 PAGES OF FORUM POSTS TO FIND IT !

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2009, 01:12:08 PM »
What "drawing"??

Napping again, Haz?  ;D

Great show, M, M, & R.

Great info packed into a very watchable show. A lot of folks also probably didn't know the little tid-bit about old cell phones and dialing 911.

I greatly anticipate the rest of the season.

:)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk