Author Topic: Kahr PM40 or Sig 239??  (Read 15327 times)

trafficguy

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kahr PM40 or Sig 239??
« on: July 08, 2009, 07:35:34 PM »
I've noticed opinions are free around here (good case of supply and demand*S*) and I am looking for a few.  I want a CCW pistol, and am looking at the Kahr PM40 and the Sig 239.  Anyone care to weigh in?  Also, if there are any Sig fans... does the 239 have a manual safety?  Can't seem to find one of these in the local shops...

Thanks ... and Happy belated 4th to all of you

Timothy

Re: Kahr PM40 or Sig 239??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:42:52 PM »
I'm not familiar with the Kahr but the P239 has no external safety.  It is DA/SA with a decocker and a few models are DAK type.  I find them a little top heavy and they are not as small as one might think.  Pretty good heft for a small pistol and like all Sig pistols, they are accurate.

Good luck, research on the new toys is most enjoyable.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 07:45:47 PM »
 Kahr is a second rate brand, owned by the son of Reverend Moon of the Unification Church (Moonies ) Sig is a top of the line brand.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 08:13:04 PM »
I vote for SIG
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 08:22:21 PM »
One of the guys at my local range has a PM40 and swears by it. He even let me shoot it and also provided the ammo, as I was shooting .357 and 9mm that day.

Pretty cool of him, but......I personally didn't care for the PM40. It was too small, too light, felt cheap and just didn't feel right in general. The recoil was surprising manageable for such a small/light pistol. I did not find the PM40 to be very accurate past 7 to 10 yds.

Just my thoughts, the range professional loves his Kahr.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:23:20 PM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 08:23:43 PM »
Kahr are awfully proud in retail cost, but make a good pistol.

Sigs are Sigs, and are also one of the best pistols made.

FWIW,

http://www.kahr.com/PA-1B/review_gt1104.html

I vote for SIG
Kahr is a second rate brand, owned by the son of Reverend Moon of the Unification Church (Moonies ) Sig is a top of the line brand.

Get what suits you, determine the application, carry every day, target, safe queen, etc,..

Welcome to DRTV. Broad spectrum of CCW pistols out there in .40, have you tried these two, or others?
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tumblebug

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 08:32:34 PM »
And which do you want to rot in the evidence locker      get a glock 26-27

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »
 What fits best in your hand, which brings the sights to bear more readily?

That said, Sig.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sgt Z Squad

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 10:19:54 PM »
I carry Sig P239 .40 S&W off duty equipped with Crimson Trace Grips.
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. [Romans 5:8] ::)

long762range

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 12:07:03 AM »

http://www.kahr.com/KA-1A.html

"Kahr's corporate headquarters are located in Blauvelt, New York. Production and assembly operations are located in Worcester, Massachusetts, in the region commonly known as "Gun Valley""

"Kahr's parent company, established in 1981, has been a leading supplier of computer numerical control (CNC) machine tools and applications engineering. In 1986, the company expanded by forming a manufacturing division which provides quality contract machining, manufacturing and assembly services for diverse industries, including aerospace, automotive, electronics, medical equipment, scientific instrumentation and telecommunications. This division offers in-house engineering and precision tooling services, as well as, secondary operations that complement the machining and manufacturing capabilities."

Owned by the Unification Church?  Don't see that.

American made.  Buy Kahr.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous.  If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk