Author Topic: $50.00 For A Box Of .380!  (Read 9338 times)

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: $50.00 For A Box Of .380!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 09:46:25 PM »
Convenience. People who carry a .380 do it out of convenience. I carry it from time to time with my wife's LCP. Michael Bane and Rob Pincus own one also. It is very reliable. But I will tell you this, if I do carry it, I know I have 7 rounds and hopefully I can get to my larger caliber Glock if need be. Summer is in full force with the heat and humidity. I carry my Glock 21 SF, .45 ACP as much as possible, but sometimes I am just making a small trip to the store to pick up some lottery tickets and don't want my shorts hanging at my feet. The Ruger .380 fits in a cargo pocket but when I do carry it, I also carry an extra mag on me just in case. So, I have 13 rounds to get me out the door with a .380 till I get to either a Glock 22, .40 Smith and Wesson or a Glock 21, .45 ACP.  ;D

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 10:22:13 PM »
I was listing the reasons that I have seen given for the .380 shortage. I am not knocking the .380 round.

I occasionally carry a Walther PPK/S and my wifes everyday carry is a stainless Bersa Thunder CC. She has an extra magazine in her gun purse and it should get her to her car and her Glock 17. Is .380 my 1st choice? No, but it beats carrying nothing. My wife is petite and she will not shoot anything above 9mm. She has fired just about every caliber, but she is just not at ease with anything over the 9mm. She has received professional instruction and her technique is very good. She simply carries what she is comfortable and proficient with.

She is loaded with Hornady Critical Defense and the spare mag has RBCD frangible. I am comfortable that she can get out of trouble. She is very comfortable with her Bersa and it has proven to be extremely reliable with the ammunition that she uses.

I would not go below .380 and I consider it to be the minimal round for S.D.

TW, very sweet 460SVR!!!
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

True_Texan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 10:35:02 PM »
twyacht: You know you're evil don't you?  :(
"Before giving someone a piece of your mind, be sure you have enough to spare."

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 10:40:46 PM »
twyacht: You know you're evil don't you?  :(

I expect on more than one of BHO's "lists",....,,,...someone probably already turned me in to the White House after the townhall meeting last week,...having that NRA sticker on my truck was a ringer,.... ::)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 08:09:42 AM »
twaycht, "In the steamy swamp that is Florida" ;D, & I've heard you talk about how much you like all the bugs there to, and you own that freak'n hand cannon...  You need to move!   ;D ;D ;D  Alaska might be a place to look at.  You can CCW even that moose masher under Alaskan grade cloths!  I bet Sarah even lets you go wolf hunting with her!  ;D

To answer why the baby calibers and guns are so popular.  Along with newbies buying them up because their cheap, I just moved to SC three weeks ago and if your not wearing shorts and sandals your IMMEDIATELY suspect of being insane!  Without wearing a fanny pack, or carrying a man purse (I'd rather loose the fire fight than be that gay!  ::)) I can hardly even carry my little G30 until winter comes.  So mouse guns are where its at when its 90+ outside everyday.

.380 & 9mm are kinda girly, but if you empty the gun on a guy...  And THAT'S the key.  EMPTY THE GUN, and mouse guns do fine.  Just buy one thats not so cheap it jams up on you.  And keep an extra mag or two in your other pocket.  ;)

NO tough guy's gonna come back from 7 rounds of much anything shot in his face.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:46:21 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk