Author Topic: Show us your Reloading set up  (Read 27378 times)

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Show us your Reloading set up
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 08:21:56 AM »
How many of you have ever listened to a radio report or read a news story that talks about the arsenal and inventory ... stock pile of ammunition and then considered what you have at home?  I mean, four guns and 75 rounds of ammunition  :o  Just saying   :-\

It does provide amusement. Even the retards responsible for mass murder dont really have what you call an arsenal or a stockpile of ammo. The only thing in recent time I can think of where the bad guys had a decent supply of ammo to back them up and outgunned the police was the North Hollywood shoot out.
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2010, 02:04:17 PM »
Didn't want to start a whole thread to post this, but figured I'd at least mention what I thought was a score (maybe not major, but still a score IMHO). A friend of mine had a box of Lee loading stuff he wanted $75 for but let me have it for $50.
It's got the heavy O-frame Challenger press which sells anywhere from $50-$70, depending on where you buy it, and it came with a set of .308 Win dies, which sell for $26-$40, also depending on where you buy. There are also several other items like the priming tool, lube, and a couple of wood midway loading blocks.

Like I said, not major, but way better than ordering and paying shipping and such. I already had a Lee single stage press and equipment, so now all I need to do is get one more press and then I can load a single caliber without swapping dies. I know a turret press would be ideal, but I already had a single and then this came along. I just want to set the singles up to load rifle stuff for hunting. I have a Dillon 550 to do pistol loads with when I can get it set up.

Now I just have to make room....I have everything but room. 

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 05:39:03 PM »
Didn't want to start a whole thread to post this, but figured I'd at least mention what I thought was a score (maybe not major, but still a score IMHO). A friend of mine had a box of Lee loading stuff he wanted $75 for but let me have it for $50.
It's got the heavy O-frame Challenger press which sells anywhere from $50-$70, depending on where you buy it, and it came with a set of .308 Win dies, which sell for $26-$40, also depending on where you buy. There are also several other items like the priming tool, lube, and a couple of wood midway loading blocks.

Like I said, not major, but way better than ordering and paying shipping and such. I already had a Lee single stage press and equipment, so now all I need to do is get one more press and then I can load a single caliber without swapping dies. I know a turret press would be ideal, but I already had a single and then this came along. I just want to set the singles up to load rifle stuff for hunting. I have a Dillon 550 to do pistol loads with when I can get it set up.

Now I just have to make room....I have everything but room. 
Make a portable set up you can whip out and get stuck into it in the lounge room or kitchen and when you have finished pack it up and put it back in the cupboard. It may not be as good as having a purpose built room but it will be practicle for your purphone.
For eg
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2007/08/portable-shooting-bench-free-plans/
or
http://www.larrywillis.com/tip001.html

One that sits on the tabe, could put felt underneath to stop it marking the table and secure with a clamp

or even
http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2006/portablereloading/index.asp
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 07:56:54 PM »
Thanks Sledge, I really liked the first one. I have a couple of the B&D workmate tables and one needs a new top. I may make one similar to that. I was thinking of making bases on the presses so they would dovetail in and out of slots on the work surface.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2010, 08:56:16 PM »
I just have to clamp it to the work bench.  There is no room in the garage. 

What can I say, I suffer from TES.

having a 14" 7.5 hp 3phase table saw is so nice...   ;D
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:29:15 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2010, 09:03:20 PM »
I used the Black and Decker folding work table when I was reloading, I used a 1/2 inch aluminum plate for a top and had the press bolted down.

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 04:17:22 AM »
Thanks Sledge, I really liked the first one. I have a couple of the B&D workmate tables and one needs a new top. I may make one similar to that. I was thinking of making bases on the presses so they would dovetail in and out of slots on the work surface.

no probs, get into it you will enjoy it!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2010, 03:40:43 PM »
Just for documentation, here's my bench with the addition of the Lock and Load.   I'll probably sell off the Herter's single stage, if I can find a local buyer.

excuse the hand held vacuum on the table.   I got that for Christmas and hadn't found a place to hang it just yet.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 02:48:34 AM »
Just for documentation, here's my bench with the addition of the Lock and Load.   I'll probably sell off the Herter's single stage, if I can find a local buyer.

excuse the hand held vacuum on the table.   I got that for Christmas and hadn't found a place to hang it just yet.

Looking good alf, give you the hint, dont suck up spilled powder in the vacuum either LOL

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
Re: Artsy Reloading set up
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 07:06:56 PM »
Was turning out the light and thought this was an artsy picture.  Not exactly the exposure I wanted, but I'll work on it.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk