Author Topic: Oregon Trail Bullets  (Read 4428 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Oregon Trail Bullets
« on: March 07, 2013, 02:05:53 PM »
If you load lead bullets, I'd like to give a good word for Oregon Trail Bullet Company. I just received my first order from them and they seem to be a quality business.

I ordered 500 Laser-Cast .45 bullets last Thursday night and got them yesterday (which is good, considering they are only open Mon-Thur, and my order was late and wasn't processed until Monday).
Prices are very good, considering the recent hikes across the board....... 500 of their 200gr SWC bullets was $69.75 and that included the shipping (which was $11.30).

I'll probably order some .44's next....... now I have a reason to get my Dillon set up and get to loading.  :D

http://www.laser-cast.com/45Cal.html
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

1Buckshot

• Monty Lucht
  • Top Forum Member
  • COMMENCE FIRING
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Oregon Trail Bullets
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:43:04 PM »
Also try Rim Rock Bullets. These bullets are harder than most. Priced well and the shipping is at a good cost also. I no some out there will give me hell but I shoot them through my GLOCK  ;  and have no leading problems at all.

http://www.rimrockbullets.net/catalog/

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 06:43:00 PM »
Been using their 200gr SWC for a while...and by a while I mean I still have a 500 rnd box with a $30.99 Sportsman's Warehouse price tag on it!
$69 with shipping is a pretty good price these days. Thanks for the heads up! 

1911 creampuff loads using 4.4gr. WST (Hodgdon starting load) all go into one shaggy hole @ 25yds if I do my part. 
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:30:34 PM »
Been using their 200gr SWC for a while...and by a while I mean I still have a 500 rnd box with a $30.99 Sportsman's Warehouse price tag on it!
$69 with shipping is a pretty good price these days. Thanks for the heads up! 

1911 creampuff loads using 4.4gr. WST (Hodgdon starting load) all go into one shaggy hole @ 25yds if I do my part. 

My pet load from my Bullseye Match days was a 200gr SWC loaded over 5.0grs of Accurate #5...... my hotter load was 7.5grs. I didn't own any equipment, but my best friend's dad was a rabid reloader (think 'a thousand rounds minimum of every standard caliber') and let me use his machines. I think then you could get 200gr SWC from a local area guy for less then $30.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk