Author Topic: Make A REAL statement !  (Read 14448 times)

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Make A REAL statement !
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 06:10:28 PM »
Thanks...  :)
Sometimes I check my facts and actually think..
 Other times I knee jerk and just start blasting..  :-X

:)
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 12:39:09 AM »
That's not always a bad thing either

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 07:46:27 AM »
And you expect to make a real difference how? 2A voters couldn't hand the nomination to Fred and you expect to elect a 3rd party prez? Uh, how? Posting on forums with like minded people won't get anyone elected anything: SEE FRED. Most gun owners will probably line up and vote for McCain. By November the "vote 3rd party" movement will have withered and only a handful of you will be left.

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 11:24:56 AM »
So, What are YOU doing to protect our civil rights, besides telling others their actions are useless ? Thats defeatist.

jimmr

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 06:07:58 PM »
I have fired yet another blistering email to the chairman.  No more money till they prove worthy of my support.
I wonder if there is any hope they will "get it"? 
McCain seems to be the establishment candidate or the RNC, damn them.
Feels kinda like the "its Bob Dole's turn".

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 12:59:49 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »
Good for you jimmr, it's good to hear that we aren't ALL lining up to turn in our guns like SOME seem to be.

Dougdubya

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 03:34:29 PM »
McCain is pro-2A.  Just too bad he's a bloody nanny-state and censorship slug.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 04:18:44 PM »
McCain is NOT pro 2A.  Look at other threads I have posted here with his voting record.

Gun Control

Not content with limiting Americans’ 1st Amendment protections, McCain has also taken aim at the 2nd Amendment. In 2001, he was the lead sponsor of an anti-gun show bill (S 890) that gun-rights groups adamantly opposed. On Nov. 30, 2001, the NRA wrote about McCain’s determination to push the bill though the Senate:

“In an effort to help move his stalled legislation, McCain has embraced the anti-gun organization Americans for Gun Safety (AGS) and the gun-ban lobby formerly known as HCI, as well as the shameless strategy these groups have adopted of exploiting our nation’s legitimate fears over terrorism in the wake of the attacks of September 11.

“. . . McCain told USA Today: ‘Clearly, alleged members of terrorist organizations have been able to secure guns and weapons using the gun-show loophole,’ a bogus claim AGS began making within days of the terrorist attacks. NRA-ILA Executive Director James Jay Baker ... told USA Today, ‘None of the terrorism we saw visited on this country on September 11 had anything to do with firearms.’

“It should not be too surprising to find Sen. McCain reading from an AGS-supplied script, however, as the Arizona lawmaker and the anti-gun organization have schemed to promote attacks on gun shows for more than a year. AGS -- founded and funded by billionaire and former HCI board member Andrew McKelvey -- has committed to spend at least $1 million to promote McCain’s legislation. So much for McCain’s ‘opposition’ to well-funded special interest groups.”

McCain introduced another anti-gun show bill on Oct. 31, 2003, based on the 2001 bill.

Describing McCain’s political transformation on gun rights timed with his 2000 presidential run, Gun Owners of America, who gave McCain grades of “F-minus” in their 2004 and 2006 grading cycles, recently said in an op-ed:

“Earlier in his career, McCain had voted against the Clinton crime bill (which contained a ban on so-called assault weapons), and he did not join the 16 Senate Republicans who voted for the Brady bill, which required a five-day waiting period for the purchase of a handgun. But as he ramped up for his presidential run in 2000, McCain, expanding on the ‘maverick’ theme, staked out a position on guns far to the left of his primary opponent, George W. Bush.

“McCain began speaking out against small, inexpensive handguns and he entertained the idea of supporting the ‘assault weapons’ ban. . . .

“McCain was featured in radio and television ads in Colorado and Oregon supporting initiatives to severely regulate gun shows and register gun buyers. Anti-gunners were ecstatic to get McCain on board. . . . The ads not only pushed the anti-gun-show measure in those two states, they also served to undermine the efforts of gun rights activists who were furiously lobbying against the same type of bill in Congress. . . .

“John McCain tried running for President in 2000 as an anti-gunner. This year it appears he is seeking to ‘come home’ to the pro-gun community, but the wounds are deep and memories long.”

All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2008, 04:46:20 PM »
I'll bring it up again, HOW MANY OF YOU WILL ATTEND THE DELEGATE MEETING AFTER YOU HAVE VOTED???? >:(

As as distasteful as it seems, WE ALL need to learn to be part of the process, after the primary election, there will be a meeting to decide who the delegates from your precinct will be and what you want your party platform to be. Be there, say your piece, and if your inclined, be a DELEGATE!!! At the very least attend the meeting, if you don't speak out, remember, it will be 4 years before you can make a difference again.  :-X

I would like for anyone who has done this to affirm what I'm saying.  I guess I should do a poll, as this may seem alien to most of you. When you walk in to vote, ask " what time is the delegate meeting? " and that person should be able to answer, and you just return at that time and get involved. ;)
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 06:06:59 PM »
NH had thiers before You told us about this, So I missed out. I hope everyone in the super tuesday states listens to you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk