Author Topic: Dean Martin and John Wayne  (Read 1561 times)

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
Dean Martin and John Wayne
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: Dean Martin and John Wayne
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 01:09:15 PM »
Thanks for the post, Shooter.  Duke's words should be taught to every new dad, highschool student and politician in America.

Some years back I was Master of the Sailing Vessel Rendezvous out of San Francisco.  It was then in service as a tourist boat and I captained her around San Francisco Bay with a lot of vacationers aboard.  But 'vous had been the Duke's boat in the 1947 movie Wake of the Red Witch, an historical point I reflected upon every time I took the helm. 

The Duke was a man's man--winning WWII, Korea, and nearly winning Vietnam for the good guys--at least in his films. He's missed.  We have not seen his equal in the current crop of Hollywood actors, and we are unlikely to.  But I got to stand at the Duke's helm station, guiding the Duke's boat for 90-minutes, three-times a day, 4-days a week--sometimes 5.  Great memory.

And Dino...  What can you say about Dino...?

“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk