Author Topic: Tesla Roadster destroys Dodge Demon  (Read 6781 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: Tesla Roadster destroys Dodge Demon
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 11:00:32 PM »
I’m guessing that 10,000 Nm or 7376 ft lb torque are estimates!

Heck, even top fuelers cannot measure torque in their “cars”’. It’s all mathematics and assumption...

Electric motors are torquey as hell but I’m guessing someone fat thumbed a digit or two..

I found an online conversion that said 10,000 newton meters is 7375.6214927727 foot pounds, but torque measurements are always in pound feet. As we know foot pounds is a measurement of energy. That's almost as much as a top fuel dragster so it could be a mistake. If it's 8,000 nm instead of 10,000 that would still be an incredible amount of torque. Even if it was only 1,000 nm it would still be 737.6 lb-ft which is nothing to sneeze at. All we can do is wait and see what it really does.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 10:13:58 AM »
I remember a car show that chronicled a top fuel dragster.  At one point in the program a crew chief pointed to the blown block of the dragster in a pile of rubbish in the corner.

He said;  “I build them but I would never drive one, that’s just crazy!”

LOL

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 12:28:13 PM »
I remember a car show that chronicled a top fuel dragster.  At one point in the program a crew chief pointed to the blown block of the dragster in a pile of rubbish in the corner.

He said;  “I build them but I would never drive one, that’s just crazy!”

LOL

I wouldn't drive one either, not even on a dare. If the engine explodes as you cross the finish line you know you're getting everything you can out of it. If it doesn't explode you may not be pushing it hard enough.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

Tesla Roadster destroys Dodge Demon
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »
Back to Tesla...

They’re having some huge quality issues coupled with incompetent or non existent customer service according to the reviews I’ve read.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2017, 10:36:26 PM »
Back to Tesla...

They’re having some huge quality issues coupled with incompetent or non existent customer service according to the reviews I’ve read.

It sounds like they need to put someone in charge who knows what they're doing. Good leaders know when to delegate.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:38:05 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk