Author Topic: Useful (or Useless) Kitchen Gadgets  (Read 660 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Useful (or Useless) Kitchen Gadgets
« on: June 14, 2023, 10:29:00 PM »
Tired of removing corn silk the old way? Try doing it the NEW way! I can't remember where I saw this, but it's an actual product that's for sale online. I think it was at a place that sells Amish-style pushbikes. They're lightweight aluminum, by the way. Pretty cool if you want a low CG with your foot 2-3" from the ground, and to push, not pedal. If anything goes wrong you can simply step off to bail out, unlike a regular bike. I bookmarked the site but my carpal tunnel has been begging me to get offline, so I'm not checking to see if the corn silk remover is on there. Please post useful OR silly kitchen gadgets most of us may not have seen. I don't know if this is, "As Seen On TV", because I don't watch infomercials. Regular commercials either, for that matter.

https://cottagecraftworks.com/hunting-outdoors/outdoor-sports/amish-kick-scooter-bike
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: Useful (or Useless) Kitchen Gadgets
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 10:39:19 PM »
I like to cook my corn on the cob in the microwave, an ear at a time, with everything still intact. When it's done I cut it off near the bottom of the ear and pull all the leaves with the silk off one way, with a few rows of corn still on the stub of the cob on the stem the other way. I don't let that last bit of corn go to waste either. The leaves seal in the moisture like plastic wrap, but without all the toxic chemicals. Kind of like cooking in banana leaves but way easier to source. ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk