Author Topic: Now We Rise, And We Are Everywhere. For Sat. Night.  (Read 2920 times)

SwoopSJ

• November 12, 1978 - November 2, 2011
  • DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Love thy neighbor.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Now We Rise, And We Are Everywhere. For Sat. Night.
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »
Due respect boys. As Tom pointed out, Ga Ga gets the green, and fame (for the next 15 minutes) and Obama is the President. Sometimes you do get what you pay for education wise. ;D
FQ13

I have to disagree with you, FQ.  The educational institutes that these individuals attended played no role in their current status, in my opinion.  Lady Ga Ga's music doesn't reflect, to me, any type of refined musical training and Obama... well let's just say his connections and backdoor dealings had WAY more to due with his rise in politics than a Harvard education.  He might as well have attended Whatsamatta U, with Bullwinkle.   ;D

Swoop

"...to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."  --Richard H. Lee

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »
Thanks TW, good stuff!!  8)
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 07:37:17 PM »
Thanks TW, good stuff!!  8)

Just trying to keep, composition, alternative tuning, different types of picking, something just different, that can relate to those not in the sheeple mindset of a majority of today's music. Those tracks, and the thread drift on Lady Ga Ga, just remind me that talent comes from the artist, (or it used to), and not from a production company, mixing engineer, and market/demographic analyst, interested in # units sold.....

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 07:48:27 PM »
Take it from a bitter, angry old guitar player... it's got nothing to do with Julliard and in most cases little to do with talent. There's LUCK, there's tenacity of the "artist" (their drive), there's LUCK (did I say that twice?), and there's WHO IS GOING TO MAKE AN ASSLOAD OF MONEY OFF OF YOUR MINDLESS DRIVEL OF A TUNE. That's pretty much what's on tv and the radio. Watch the Grammys... you'll figure it out. Bunch of buttlickers slappin' each other on the back.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk