Author Topic: Seattle: Mayor moves to ban guns with executive order  (Read 17521 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Seattle: Mayor moves to ban guns with executive order
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 06:08:01 PM »
That if for the courts to deside, I'm sure this will be going to court. 

AS much as we hate to hear it... gov can enact laws to insure the publec safety.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 581
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 08:53:11 PM »
That if for the courts to deside, I'm sure this will be going to court. 

AS much as we hate to hear it... gov can enact laws to insure the publec safety.

If there is a law against what has happened where is law enforcement?  Is law a one way street to control the citizen only? 

The law against what was done is clear and the ban is contrary to law.  Claims that interpretation is for the courts to decide is a cop out (interesting term, cop out, where did that come from?)  What is the court to decide without an enforcement action..why is there not an enforcement action?  Are there no police to charge this guy with malfaesance (sp) in office....is that not a crime for the court to decide?  People are arrested and charged every day with far less proof than is exhibited here.

Once again, a one-sided action of enforcement against the sheep and a free ride for the politician.  This is how a nation is lost....a lack of enforcement upon the elite....the perverted emergence of people worshipping the policially powerful.  A proven track to dictatorial control...as shown in Seattle.

Some laws are "good" and they are enforced because they are "easy", some laws are "bad" and they are not enforced.   Obviously, someone who has the power affect someone's paycheck in a government structure must be exempt from the law in Seattle.   Is that not tyranny?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 08:59:59 PM »
My guess on "cop out".

Probably started with "cop a plea"  meaning to lessen your guilt by helping the cops.  Then was morphed into "cop out" meaning to take the easy way.

Just a guess but ya gotta admit it sounds good (doesn't it?)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 09:41:41 PM »
If there is a law against what has happened where is law enforcement?  Is law a one way street to control the citizen only? 

The law against what was done is clear and the ban is contrary to law.  Claims that interpretation is for the courts to decide is a cop out (interesting term, cop out, where did that come from?)  What is the court to decide without an enforcement action..why is there not an enforcement action?  Are there no police to charge this guy with malfaesance (sp) in office....is that not a crime for the court to decide?  People are arrested and charged every day with far less proof than is exhibited here.

Once again, a one-sided action of enforcement against the sheep and a free ride for the politician.  This is how a nation is lost....a lack of enforcement upon the elite....the perverted emergence of people worshipping the policially powerful.  A proven track to dictatorial control...as shown in Seattle.

Some laws are "good" and they are enforced because they are "easy", some laws are "bad" and they are not enforced.   Obviously, someone who has the power affect someone's paycheck in a government structure must be exempt from the law in Seattle.   Is that not tyranny?

Well put.  (Just a bit dyslexic on malfeasance.  Sorry, Mom's an English teacher).  The idea that laws are in place to keep the people in theirs is only half the equation.  Laws keep the government in place as well (mayor).  The Bill of Rights is a limit on Government not the people.  The line has been slowly nudged 'till we have a situation like the genesis of this thread.

THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

These two paragraphs are from the Bill of Rights. The first is the beginning of the preamble, the second is the 10th amendment (often forgotten in today's aught-to-be-a-law society).  I've redden it up a bit to emphasize the limits.  Sorry for the civics lesson, but clearly it's needed.  Besides, I have the constitution on my side.  A teacher I had once stated, "Every law that is passed destroys a freedom".  It is a good thought that should be passed around and then remember why this Nation is great but slipping.
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

rickomatic

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 11:33:26 PM »

TAB. I don't think you understand the term "preemption". Dave Workman's explanation was crystal clear. I don't think you want to understand it. You seem to be suffering from a severe case of cognitive dissonance. Either that, or you're a graduate of the Alan Colmes school of debate. Either way, you're wrong...just like Seattle's Mayor Quimby. 

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:18:52 AM »

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 06:26:08 AM »
Mayor Nagin did essentially the same thing in New Orleans, didn't he? How is that working out for him these days?
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 581
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 06:33:55 AM »
It's working out too well.  He's not in prison, he has his bank account.  It's worked out far too well, unfortunately.

Another example sheep of worshiping the politically powerful in the land founded by the free and the brave.

Here's a thought for you....wonder if he's on B-HO's short list for VP?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 11:10:16 AM »
TAB. I don't think you understand the term "preemption". Dave Workman's explanation was crystal clear. I don't think you want to understand it. You seem to be suffering from a severe case of cognitive dissonance. Either that, or you're a graduate of the Alan Colmes school of debate. Either way, you're wrong...just like Seattle's Mayor Quimby. 

The list of things TAB doesn't understand seems to be fairly extensive.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 11:44:46 AM »
That is for the courts to decide, I'm sure this will be going to court. 

....And thus the Judicial Monarchy that has become our great nation.

Everything is decided in the courts now, and with the activist judges that we have running wild we are in bad shape. You never see any issues on the ballot anymore. Only career politicians who are more then happy to let the courts run our country while they are busy lining their pockets and worrying only about their careers. It makes me sick!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 11:48:36 AM »
The list of things TAB doesn't understand seems to be fairly extensive.

Ouch.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk