Author Topic: This blew me away  (Read 3058 times)

wisconsin

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
This blew me away
« on: February 13, 2008, 04:39:38 PM »
Today at my local gun club I had a conversation with a man who I respect as a fellow member and is a person who flushes down the toilet more shooting talent and helpful knowledge than I could ever hope to learn in one life time said something to me that just blew me away. We got onto the subject of our upcoming primarys (Feb. 19).He said that he was going to vote for Obama. Which as you could guess shut everyone up .Everyone there stopped talking and there focus turned to our conversation. He reasoned that since we have an open primary (hope thats the right term) and you could change your vote at the presidential elections it didn't matter who he voted for now. He likes others on DRTV forum has the same opinions about our current choices. He hates Clinton as much as we all do and would rather use his vote to get her defeated and then deal with Obama as Dem. pres. nom.Then he when on to say that at the presidential election he would then vote Republican. I began to wonder is this what its coming to. Since it looks like McCain is going to be our only Rep. choice and it is a wasted vote for him anyway here in Wi.,that you would need to think up the idea of using your vote to defeat someone you couldn't stand. Then have McCain and Obama be our choices going into this election. Is this what its coming to. I have been voting since Nixion. And not since the Clinton era have I felt as though I was back in that same boat that was starting to sink. I've been voting long enough to know how things work. But for some reason this time around I'm not feeling very good about our future. As I said this line of thinking just blew me away.
" I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."   John Wayne

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
Re: This blew me away
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 05:08:39 PM »
I have heard more than one person voice this same opinion..
That Obama will be easier to beat than Clinton..

( God help us)
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 05:51:50 PM »
Well, if you believe the opinion polls, Hillary would actually be easier to beat than Obama.  I seen a Fox News poll that pitted McCain vs. Hillary and winning, but vs. Obama he lost.
Life Member of the NRA

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 10:09:20 PM »
Obama, if nomitated will be unbeatable.  SCARY!!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 05:07:28 AM »
Where I am in NC, the county Sheriff's Office issues the pistol purchase permits (background checks, etc). Usually takes 5 days or less to pick them up. Now the wait is over two weeks due to unprecidented high volume.  Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:20:45 PM »

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 08:03:25 AM »
Frankly, either will be hard to beat. Kerry came within 60,000 votes of becoming Prez. That's the margin by which he lost Ohio IIRC. Any Dem will likely carry all the states Kerry did and if they can pick off Oh or a couple of small states they are in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk