Author Topic: Bloomberg, Other Mayors to Launch Illegal Gun Database  (Read 2813 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bloomberg, Other Mayors to Launch Illegal Gun Database
« on: February 14, 2008, 02:05:32 PM »
BALTIMORE (AP)  --  In a new tactic against urban crime, the mayors of several East Coast cities, including New York, plan to launch a database that will allow them to share information on known gun offenders.

The database, expected to be operational later this year, will pool data from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives with information collected by local agencies, including ballistics information and intelligence gathered from debriefings of gun offenders.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon and other urban leaders said Wednesday that the first-of-its-kind database will make it more difficult for illegal gun dealers to do business throughout the Interstate 95 corridor.

``Violent crime, particularly gun crime, is not just a local problem,'' Dixon said. ``It's a national problem.''

Dixon and Bloomberg made the announcement at a summit that brought together 11 mayors along with police chiefs and other representatives from cities including Boston, Philadelphia, Newark, N.J., and Richmond, Va.

More at link http://www.1010wins.com/pages/1651493.php?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
Re: Bloomberg, Other Mayors to Launch Illegal Gun Database
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 02:30:10 PM »
I know everyone is very suspicious of anything Bloomberg is involved in, but this seems to address the very point I always find myself arguing with anti gunners. They always say no one should have guns because gun violence is horrible. And I always say, that law abiding gun owners are responsible for ZERO gun violence and should not be hindered in anyway from having firearms. It's the illegal trade and the arming of the criminal element that must be fought.

Having said that, I wouldn't trust Bloomberg as far as I could throw his fat ass.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Swamp Yankee

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 04:40:21 PM »
It is good to see that most of these Mayors Are from High crime rate areas of the country that restrict or attempt to restrict CCW. Nothing they do will ever accomplish thier goal of reducing crime. Because criminals don't care about the law. If they did they would be productive law abiding citizens not criminals.

Mike Mc
NRA Certified Instructor, Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 02:41:50 AM »
Bloombergs name should be the first entered for conspiracy to violate gun laws in soruonding states as far away as NH and Ga. when he attempted to incriminate law abiding gun dealers in "staw purchases" incited and funded by M. Bloomberg.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk