Author Topic: I Lost My Furry Pal Today  (Read 4707 times)

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I Lost My Furry Pal Today
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 05:59:49 AM »
I'm sorry..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 06:14:53 AM »
Sorry to hear that CR.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 09:58:43 AM »
CR, I feel for you and my condolences to you and Bunny.

I lost my OES, Cheyenne,  earlier this year, and my dear Aussie, Torry, in 2011, both to cancer. I still expect to see Chey at the door when I come home. And Torry, who never lived her in KY, still pops up on my screen save quite often.

It gets easier, nut it never really goes away.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 02:16:26 PM »
Hate to hear this, CR....my best to you.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 08:37:02 PM »
CR, we lost our beloved canine relative 5 years ago, so I understand what you're saying.  Chu was well and truly loved, and will meet you with wagging tail at the Pearly Gates one day.

Hugs to you and Bunny.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:58:36 PM »

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 05:59:56 PM »
I too have felt your pain with the loss of my Abigail - Great Pyrenees 

We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals.
Remote from universal nature, and living by complicated artifice, man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion.

We patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves.
And therein we err, and greatly err.

For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.

They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.

The Outermost House
 Henry Beston

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk