Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 129784 times)

Hottrockin

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Be wise, use every advantage!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2009, 05:24:52 PM »
Midway USA musta got some junk in...an order I did months ago shipped & arrived today!  wOOt for me!

The site still shows stuff (380ACP; 9mm; 40S&W) as "no backorder".  I think they're tryin' to catch up.

The Hornady Critical Defense is what shipped to me.  Last week it showed a backorder of 5/2 and 5/30.  Got it today.

I do have a complaint though...it shipped UPS and was picked up Monday & received today (Tuesday)---FAST, however due to the 'dangerous goods' Fed-Ex & UPS don't like holdin'on to this stuff and they simple left it at my front door!  WTF!  I'll be honest...I don't live in a nice neighbor hood (shootings, break-in's, drug trafficking, etc.) and they leave a decent size package right on my front porch?  I DON'T LIKE THAT!

Anywho, just wanted to shout out Midway USA is shippin' some stuff.
NRA Member

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »
I live in a decent neighborhood and still would not have ammo shipped to my locale. I was freaking when I got my new Tipton gun vise left on the front porch yesterday.  ???

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2009, 10:07:42 AM »
Had an email waiting for me when I got home from work from Midway telling me they had Ultramax.223 available.  When I clicked on the link it was all gone already.

Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawauka IN has Lake City 62gr Green Tip available $699/1000 rds, but no internet or phone sales available.  Might have to take a short road trip Saturday if they still have any.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2009, 01:18:46 PM »
I was looking through an old gun cabinet in another room and lucked up and found 500 rounds of.223 and 250 rounds of .45 ACP that I had forgot I had.....oh happy day.....oh happy day......

:D  :D  :D  :D

Now if I could find someone selling at a decent price I'd add even more..........

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2009, 01:27:09 AM »
Got an email alert 4-22-09 p.m. from Natchezz shooters supply.  As of this post time they have .223 in stock.  Email also mentioned 22-250, .308, 30.06, .50BMG, 12ga 00 buck.  and some others.  Everything in the email I checked was in stock.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Sponsor

« Reply #85 on: Today at 05:58:23 AM »

Green Mountain Gringo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2009, 03:21:05 PM »
Walmart today......picked up a couple boxes of 9mm for 11 bucks each and 100 rds of .357 for 44 bucks.

They were wiped out on a lot of other stuff but I'll buy it when I can find it.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »
Very nice
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

True_Texan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2009, 04:46:58 AM »
I an lucky enough to have a gun dealer (my absolute favorite guy on this planet when it comes to guns) that magically has a stock of all kinds of ammo and guns. I have no idea how he has the stuff he has in stock except for the fact he probably knows more Reps in the business then MB does. He sells all of it a damn good price too considering what ammo prices are at right now.

He literally has a gun shop 30 ft from his house. Not only that, he is located in the middle of nowhere and has people coming to him from 100s of miles around. He does more business per month then all the Wal-marts in the Alamo city combined. He's an older gentleman that has been 'tested' by ATF on several occasions. But he doesn't even begin to give a break to someone who is trying to pull something illegal, no matter what the sale may be. Great guy all around and he keeps me stocked with any and all ammo I have need.

I won't bother giving out his information because frankly, he doesn't need the internet's help in sales. Plus I think he likes it better with actual word of mouth business. Besides that, he doesn't even have a computer to use for his business. All hand written paperwork.

So if you know him, you know him. If you have a friend that knows him, you know him. If you have a friend of a friend that knows him, you know. Basically if you live within a 100 miles of him and you like guns, you know him.
"Before giving someone a piece of your mind, be sure you have enough to spare."

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2009, 11:46:53 AM »
My local shop finally got his order of .410 3" 000.  Stacks of the stuff, and picked up his last box of .380 Hornady Crit Def.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2009, 05:39:39 PM »
I an lucky enough to have a gun dealer (my absolute favorite guy on this planet when it comes to guns) that magically has a stock of all kinds of ammo and guns. I have no idea how he has the stuff he has in stock except for the fact he probably knows more Reps in the business then MB does. He sells all of it a damn good price too considering what ammo prices are at right now.

He literally has a gun shop 30 ft from his house. Not only that, he is located in the middle of nowhere and has people coming to him from 100s of miles around. He does more business per month then all the Wal-marts in the Alamo city combined. He's an older gentleman that has been 'tested' by ATF on several occasions. But he doesn't even begin to give a break to someone who is trying to pull something illegal, no matter what the sale may be. Great guy all around and he keeps me stocked with any and all ammo I have need.

I won't bother giving out his information because frankly, he doesn't need the internet's help in sales. Plus I think he likes it better with actual word of mouth business. Besides that, he doesn't even have a computer to use for his business. All hand written paperwork.

So if you know him, you know him. If you have a friend that knows him, you know him. If you have a friend of a friend that knows him, you know. Basically if you live within a 100 miles of him and you like guns, you know him.

those shops are hard to find.  there use to be one here,but the owner sold out after he had a heart attack.  The shop went to shit there after, 6 months latter the ATF and the CA DOJ raided it and the new owner is not getting out any time soon.  Long story short, in 6 months he sold over a 1000 guns under the table to anyone that had cash.  One of them just happend to come up in a crime and was traced back to him.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk