Author Topic: Report on Judge & experience of others  (Read 2054 times)

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Report on Judge & experience of others
« on: September 22, 2009, 09:44:25 PM »
My wife and I went to a gun show in a nearby town last weekend.  As usual she had to buy something.  Usually it is a shirt or shoes or some this and that but this time when she found me she had a "Judge" box under her arm.  I'm thinking $$$ gone but after nineteen years I've learned to bite my tongue at times.  If she woulda had one of the three Barrett 50 cals that were on display with the least at $3,600.00 and the big mutha at $13,000.00 and change under her arm I would have raised @&#%*.  Mind you, $750.00 give or take a few, is still a lot of money but I owed her a free bitch session so I kept quiet, plus I know I'd get to try it too.  It was also Saturday evening and a happy wife is a giving wife :P :D ;D

When we got home and fired the thing with 410 3" #6s that I happened to have around.  From 15' the spread with 6s was about 6 ft. in diameter.  Plus it spit back.  I piece of something hot hit my arm andanother hit my wife on the top of the head.  Tried it again with a 21/2" #4 at the same distance and the spread was more reasonable (approx. 32"). I was still hit with something in one out of four shells.  I was standing at her starboard rear quarter at about four feet.  We bought a box of 45 Schofield and it shot those well with very managable recoil.  I'm on the lookout for either 3" 00 or 000 or the same in 21/2 inch to try.  This strikes me as a good gun to have in the car at a readily available place. Hers has the Crimson trace lazer.  With anything but Buckshot over 15 ft would hurt a lot but not do much damage.  Now if they kept coming and closed the distance they wouldn't make it closer than five feet with a 5 round cylinder.

Anybody else got one of these?

david86440

Re: Report on Judge & experience of others
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 09:54:11 PM »
I'm glad that she bought one as I would be very interested in knowing how it works out. I can't buy one here in CA so I have to wait until I move back to ME or AZ or wherever it might be.

Thanks for the initial report.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk