Author Topic: I narrowed it down to three 45's  (Read 12307 times)

4dailyrunner

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I narrowed it down to three 45's
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 08:28:35 AM »

Sig P220.

Where you looking at a service model in 5" or 4", 4" carry, or 3" compact?

Thanks for the input.

Sig P220 - much like the FN product,  I haven't had a chance to shoot a P220.  I had the opportunity to look one over in the store.

Barrel Length Question:  I was looking in the 4" to 4.5" range.  All service or CCW types were considered.

4dailyrunner

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 11:28:55 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

I picked up the XD 45 tonight.

Thanks for all you help.

~~~
4dr

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 11:50:23 PM »
 Cool, Post pics  ;D

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2009, 01:29:07 AM »
Cool, Post pics  ;D

Not optional!!! ;)

Please shoot us a range review also when you get the chance.  Hope your happy with you new XD, I'm sure you will be.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 07:08:28 AM »
Congrats!!!

Pics, we need pics!!! 8)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:23:26 AM »

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 09:56:45 AM »
 ;)
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

SCfromNY

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 10:44:53 AM »
Well I was working on my reply so I will post anyway. All the guns are excellent choices.

I would seperate into the two price points high and low. In the low I lean slightly to the FNH bacause it is so smooth but Springfield's warranty is one of the best available and FNH has an "implied" (their word not mine) 5 year warranty. So with my wallet I would go with the Springfield and complain about the gun I did not buy, a problem I always have.

I have a Sig P220 (Equinox) and it is an excellent handgun. I have a few Sigs and they have NEVER failed to be reliable, accurate, and fun to shoot. Recently however H&K has been replacing Sig in my EDC and overall predference. It just feels good and you can feel the quality.

Lastly, lately there are just as many customer service horror stories about Sig as H&K. Sig has gotten worse and H&K better. Also as others have said a decocker is not a safety and if you can have a DA trigger on a revolver then the first DA shot should not bother you. My experience in competition is that when the buzzer goes off you will rarely notice the transition from DA to SA. I imagine that that would be the same in a life or death situation of which I thankfully have no knowledge.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk