Author Topic: Remington NPSS Range Report - Part ONE  (Read 14278 times)

BAC

Re: Remington NPSS Range Report - Part ONE
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 07:57:01 PM »
RE:  B and H Photo:   We order a lot of pro A/V equipment from them.   When they are on their game, they're awesome.   I got four UPS units to replacing some ailing ones.  These are 1,500VA units and weight about 20 pounds apiece, EIGHTY pounds total.   Free shipping!  No sales tax and they arrived the NEXT day.   I was curious how that could be and discovered the manufacturer had them staged at various hubs around the country, Atlanta being one, as part of the free shipping promotion.   So it really only shipped across town.     BnH is to A/V equipment what MidwayUSA is to shooting.

Have you ever been in their store in Manhattan?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Badgersmilk

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 02:23:29 PM »
B&H came through on the shipping again.  :)  Got it quick, and it came in a HUGE box full of peanuts just like the computer did.  Nice, because they clearly know how some packages get beat on in delivery.

I've gotta say, the fist thing that grabbed me when I took this scope outta the box is.  "Is the ENTIRE thing plastic???  Feels cheap.  :(  

I'm still not 100% sure the whole thing isn't plastic  :-\ .  And the adjustments (objective, and magnification) feel SUPER "plasticy" and cheap.   :-\  Their smooth, not gritty, and turn with a fairly even amount of resistance...  Just feel really lame.   :-\

Made in Korea.  Have to say it's the fist time I've seen that on a scope.  

The tech. guy at Bushnell told me their manufacturing of the Trophy and Elite line moved, and the new manufacture uses better lens coatings they proudly mention in their add's.  That's when they got rid of the "Elite 3200" line and renamed it "Elite Tactical" to.

With all the "it's a sure thing" recommendations I got on this scope I was feeling brave, used red thread locker this time.  Not that any of the screws were loose last time, but, why not.  Noticed when I took the CenterPoint lemon off that the "felt like" material in the rings has turned to a "glue like" material!  Scope actually had to be PULLED off.  NICE!  The stuff all stayed in the rings, so should be fine for a second mounting.

Came with the flip up caps already on it.

Time to get her out to the old bombing range for some shooting / sighting in again.  We'll see if "plasticy feeling" gets the job done...   :-\  I like the deer skull on there though!   ;)

Badgersmilk

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 06:28:19 PM »
ONE reason flip up caps are a FAIL.   :(

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2011, 08:19:37 PM »
Is it time for part two yet?  ;)
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 01:52:36 PM »
As of about half hour ago it is!  ;D  FINALLY got in new front tires and wheels for the car so it's fit to drive again!  ;D  Ever seen how cool it is when cars lift the front wheels off the ground on a drag strip?  A lesson learned recently is that when the front end comes back down it often bends the skinny aluminum wheels!  >:(  :(

In an effort to further quite, and disguise the outline of the rifle I wrapped it with McNett rubberized camo tape.  Should make a difference.  Stuff's pretty thick and dense.  We'll see.  (It only sticks to itsself so no mess)

Can't wrap the "break open" part of the barrel, or the objective (has numbers I need to see).  One thing I can say already is that unlike the CenterPoint scope, the Bushnell adjustable objective acts as a range estimator.  In that if you don't have it dialed into EXACTLY the correct range, everything’s VERY blurry.  You've only got a few feet of give or take.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:01:03 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 01:58:05 PM »
You did leave the tape on the scope loose enough so you didn't tweak the scope, right ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk