Author Topic: Dad stepped into eternity this afternoon  (Read 13268 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
Re: Dad stepped into eternity this afternoon
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 11:40:45 AM »
Bros,

My best to you and your family.  There is nothing we can say or do that will change things or take the pain away.  My best advice is to feel the pain today, heel with time, and enjoy the scar as a memory of a life well lived! 

Remember that your friends and family are all there to help you through this, and we are a part of that group.  Call on us anytime you need!

Mike
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 09:24:18 AM »
My most sincere condolences on the loss of your father.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »
My heart goes out to you and your family my friend.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 09:59:12 PM »
I want to thank everyone for their kind words.  I got back into town early Mon. morning and headed back to work after helping my mom get some things sorted out.  While a funeral of a loved one is not the way to have a reunion, last week was comforting.

My sister and I go into town last Sat. and stayed up till 3:30 talking with Mom.  Later the next day (Sun.) my mom's sister called and asked how far Ocala was from Naples. Now, this may not seem like much, but my aunt lives in Tennessee and is recovering from her own surgery.  My aunt and uncle basically jumped into the car on Sun. and drove the 12 and a half hours or so to South FL.  So my sister and I, my  mom, and my aunt and uncle spent the week together getting everything together and preparing for the funeral.

My mom's teacher friends cooked for us the entire week.  So much so, in fact, that my mom called and said Thurs. that we were filled to overflowing and I even brought left overs back up with me.  The outpouring of support was great to see. 

My mom and dad's church has small groups that meet a couple times a month on Sun. nights.  The people in my folks small group prepared then cleaned up the reception after the funeral.  Again, it was just amazing.  The family truly had a good time getting pictures together for a slide show that was shown at the viewing and after the funeral.  We got to pour over pictures that we hadn't looked at in years. 

Yes, there were and will be some tearful times and there is definitely a Dad shaped hole that my family and I will have to get used to, but there is very little that I would trade for the last week I spent with family and friends remembering my dad.
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk