Author Topic: Kel-Tec/LCP owners.... lets talk lasers  (Read 16435 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Kel-Tec/LCP owners.... lets talk lasers
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 07:42:02 AM »
I'm not sure what website your referring too. ??? The LG 430 retails for $209 on the CT website.
If you can find it for that price you should pick it up for sure! I've never seen it anywhere close to that price.

The Armalaser is $119..... not the CT ::)

* I've actually found it for as low as $112 but I'm not sure if it comes with the free nemesis holster.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • We must protect & defend our freedoms!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 10:30:12 AM »
The Armalaser is $119..... not the CT ::)

* I've actually found it for as low as $112 but I'm not sure if it comes with the free nemesis holster.

AWHA :-\

I'm not sure witch is better having no experience with the armalaser. I can say I think you should buy one or the other because I think the laser is an excellent tool for a SD gun. I can say I like the CT activation switch it's instant on instant off. So pick one, buy it, install it, and shoot it! ;D

Mike Kramer
NRA "Benefactor" Life Member 
2AF Life Member

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 10:32:30 AM »
Oh and if you pick the Armalaser give us a range report on it. ;)
Mike Kramer
2AF Life Member

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 10:55:21 AM »
Frankly (and it pains me to say this) Eric is riht. AAAGHT! Damnit! Eric is righ!. For most of us, any engagement will, for good or ill, be over in less than 12 seconds and at a distance measured in feet not yards. My question would be "How quickly does it turn on"? Not how lng does it take to turn off. I have been in two real life life SD situations. Both were very quick, very close and accuracy at 25 yards was not an issue. I want the dot between the eyes for the second (of fraction there of) the booger hook crosses the bang switch. 12 seconds later, I'm either calling 911  and my lawer or I'm dead. A fire fight MIGHT develop, but most likely it will a car jacking at bad beathe distance that you didn't see coming until its riight here right now.
FQ13, jst my .02

As for you FQ, the reason I like instant off is picture this. An armed intruder breaks into your house, your wife grabs your gun and hides behind your bed calls 911 and waits..... bad guy peaks around the door, your wife being scared and nervous aims; laser dancing; and fires, bang, bang, bang. Bad guy ducks back out of sight, did she hit him or not? If she missed I don't want the BG to stick his gun around the corner next and start shooting at the little red light on the other side of the room! This is all a what if and it doesn't have to be Eric's little pee shooter either, it can be the M&P9 I keep their for my wife just in case.... I guess my bottom line is light discipline, a laser just like a flashlight needs to have instant on/off ability. Of course if you don't agree with my .02 worth you don't have to follow it!  But I think it's the difference in a good defense and the best defense!! ::)
Mike Kramer
2AF Life Member

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 12:37:13 PM »
As for you FQ, the reason I like instant off is picture this. An armed intruder breaks into your house, your wife grabs your gun and hides behind your bed calls 911 and waits..... bad guy peaks around the door, your wife being scared and nervous aims; laser dancing; and fires, bang, bang, bang. Bad guy ducks back out of sight, did she hit him or not? If she missed I don't want the BG to stick his gun around the corner next and start shooting at the little red light on the other side of the room! This is all a what if and it doesn't have to be Eric's little pee shooter either, it can be the M&P9 I keep their for my wife just in case.... I guess my bottom line is light discipline, a laser just like a flashlight needs to have instant on/off ability. Of course if you don't agree with my .02 worth you don't have to follow it!  But I think it's the difference in a good defense and the best defense!! ::)

That might be a plausible scenario and somehting to consider with regards to a nightstand gun, but I am not as worried since this will be for a carry gun....... If I like the setup my next laser will be for the 26 (also a carry gun) and then somewhere down the line will be a decision about my night stand gun.

*By the way, my night stand gun is a Glock 17 with a 33 rd magazine...... The above mentioned scenario will involve 31 more rds then your referenced "bang, bang, bang"..... My wife understands the difference b/t cover and concealment :)

**Exit Question: Anyone know how to hang drywall?

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:12:14 PM »

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 01:26:50 PM »
That might be a plausible scenario and somehting to consider with regards to a nightstand gun, but I am not as worried since this will be for a carry gun....... If I like the setup my next laser will be for the 26 (also a carry gun) and then somewhere down the line will be a decision about my night stand gun.

*By the way, my night stand gun is a Glock 17 with a 33 rd magazine...... The above mentioned scenario will involve 31 more rds then your referenced "bang, bang, bang"..... My wife understands the difference b/t cover and concealment :)

**Exit Question: Anyone know how to hang drywall?

That's a good option! I've never heard of someone complaining that they took too much ammo to a gun fight. Definitely look in to the laser options for it. I have lasers on ALL but one of my SD guns! And that one being my Colt Mustang Pocket Lite .380, which is mostly retired cause I haven't found anyone making lasers for the Mustang. If I could afford it I would probably put them on all my guns but alas my pockets aren't that deep! :( And very few homes ever have much in the way of cover in them! As most 9mm's could penetrate one end of my house to the other, I can't think of a single place in my home that has TRUE cover. A few places might work if the stars all line up right! ::) I'm going to have to work on that I think, but don't have much space to work with though. My hold up corner (where the gun and cell phone is stored) is okay but not great, the BG would have to shoot though 5 ft of mattress and box spring. Don't know if that would stop a pistol round or not? Probably not? Maybe Rob and MJ could try shooting though a quality foam mattress width wise for us on the TBD Season 3 like they did with the refrigerator in season 2.
Mike Kramer
2AF Life Member

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 07:53:36 PM »
I have the CT on my LCP and it never seems to stay zeroed. I zero it on the sights, get to the range and it's pointing high and right at 15'. I'll need to check to see if the holster is moving it...

A side note Pro Mag 10 round mag for the LCP
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 08:13:15 PM »
I have the CT on my LCP and it never seems to stay zeroed. I zero it on the sights, get to the range and it's pointing high and right at 15'. I'll need to check to see if the holster is moving it...

A side note Pro Mag 10 round mag for the LCP

Check to make sure the little allen screws are tightened correctly! If one fell out it could be a problem, I've not had any difficulties with any of my current CT grips and I have 6 of them. I did have a set of LG405's on my PD340 and the rubber started to tear, I sent it back to Crimson Trace they sent me a new one that I sold and used the cash to purchase a set of lg305's for the better grip with the .357 mag.
Mike Kramer
2AF Life Member

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
UPDATE: Kel-Tec/LCP owners.... lets talk lasers
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 08:55:48 AM »
$99 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/ArmaLaser-Kel-Tec-P3AT-Laser-System/dp/B001MYGM0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1268180085&sr=8-1

UPDATE: Ordered it today ----------> $105.25 shipped

Everything I have read on other forums and all the reviews are very positive of the quality of these things. And the 2 or 3 times I've read that someone got a crappy one, Armalaser gave them a new one asap and then they have been very happy. I'm excited..... cant wait to get it. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk