Author Topic: PARA 1911 LTC - First Report  (Read 19019 times)

TSB

Re: PARA 1911 LTC - First Report
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 08:01:52 PM »
Alf,

Yes, your special no doubt about it. ;D  Trust me when I say I would love to live somewhere normal (MI born) but I married a local girl and she's worth the pain.....

My case had the same sticker, couldn't figure why.  MA is very restrictive on what you can buy new and all must have a visible loaded chamber indicator.  We are restricted to a 10 round magazine unless it's a pre-ban mag, my stock Para mags hold 8.

Enjoy your new toy, I like mine whatever way it came...

Tim

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 06:37:17 AM »
TSB,

I went back and read my post and it came across "meaner" than I meant.   I am sorry for sounding the way I did.  The state of Georgia gets the brunt of it along many lines.  So please forgive me for my momentary gloat.

I do feel the pain for those in more restrictive states.  And I do know there are many very good reasons for living in those states.   Heck, I've visited MA on business many times and have nothing but good stories to tell.

I think the lack of a spent cartridge and the high cap mags is the reason this one was marked the way it was. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TSB

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 11:16:50 AM »
Alf,

No apologies necessary!

I've lived and traveled all over the country and I settled here out of necessity.  In the twenty six years I've lived up here, I have yet to find any redeaming quality for MA.

The politics will drive you crazy, the people are not very nice and the weather changes every fifteen minutes.  Other than that it's a wonderful place too see in your rear view mirror!

I've spent considerable time in GA over the years, mostly out at Vogtle on the Savanah River.  Absolutely a beautiful part of America.....

Tim

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 09:59:09 PM »
Why thanks for the kind words, Tim.

I was only in MA on business, usually just Mon-Fri, but I had a good time.  Some fun parties in Lowell and then there was the time, real late one night I flew in and the limo's had stopped running.   A limo driver saw me and took pity.  Trouble was he couldn't take me Lowell until he picked up his paying fair for another hour.  So with time to kill, around midnight, he took me to his bar in So Boston, where we had donuts and coffee on the house and a rollicking good time with his Irish "cousins".  I think it was 2 or 3 when I got to Lowell, but I had a fun night.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TSB

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 10:15:40 PM »
Alf,

The next time you come up, take a day and make the two or three hour drive west of Boston.  The hillls west of Worcester (eastern Appalachia) will probably remind you of home, without all the yellow pine of course!

Been good typin' at ya.

Tim

p.s.  Thanks for your Service!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:07:31 AM »

kahrmeister

• Forum Member
    • Douglas @ myspace
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 11:34:11 PM »
I just bought a new steel frame Para LTC in midnight blue. Although it was new in case there was only one magazine, no bushing wrench, spent case, or Allen wrenches. Even though these items were missing I can't complain due to the low cost of $ 488.00 + TAX. I'm really looking forward to taking it to the range because it will be my primary concealed carry weapon. My main concern are the reports I've been hearing on the durability of the Para's finish. What are some of the pro's and con's that anyone has heard about or witnessed on it's finish? Also, all of the pictures I have seen of the LTC have a stainless colored beavertail, hammer, slide release, thumb safety, and magazine release, plus the pictures show the barrel marked "MATCH". Mine is completely midnight blue and the barrel is stamped with just the Para logo. Any answers on this. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 11:57:58 PM »
I just bought a new steel frame Para LTC in midnight blue. Although it was new in case there was only one magazine, no bushing wrench, spent case, or Allen wrenches. Even though these items were missing I can't complain due to the low cost of $ 488.00 + TAX. I'm really looking forward to taking it to the range because it will be my primary concealed carry weapon. My main concern are the reports I've been hearing on the durability of the Para's finish. What are some of the pro's and con's that anyone has heard about or witnessed on it's finish? Also, all of the pictures I have seen of the LTC have a stainless colored beavertail, hammer, slide release, thumb safety, and magazine release, plus the pictures show the barrel marked "MATCH". Mine is completely midnight blue and the barrel is stamped with just the Para logo. Any answers on this. Thanks in advance for any answers.

My Paras did not come with bushing wrenches (I have no problem disassembling my P14 w/o one) but the models that have hex screws should come with the wrenches, mine did. Ditto a second mag.  Spent case was in my last two. Maybe your state requires the casing be submitted upon sale. 
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1119
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 01:25:48 AM »

I believe the only thing mising is a mag. It should have two. There's a blue steel version with stainless parts that's a special edition for 2009. That one has a stainless barrel. MSRP: $949.00 http://www.paraord.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=3
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

scottedvin

• Forum Member
    • Firearms License Massachusetts
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 05:08:50 AM »
P.S.

Don't know why the have the label "Not for Sale in MA".

I live in MA, bought the gun in MA brand new, and have a license in MA.

Go figure....

T

I agree with the guest. I give firearms safety training Massachusetts and never saw anything like that. However, I have heard that they are banning BB guns, is that true?
Get Firearms Safety Training only from NRA certified centers.
Scott Edvin
Firearms License Massachusetts

Timothy

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 09:41:41 AM »
Since you've resurrected a five or six year old thread...  I'll answer the BB gun question.

Section 12B. No minor under the age of eighteen shall have an air rifle or so-called BB gun in his possession while in any place to which the public has a right of access unless he is accompanied by an adult or unless he is the holder of a sporting or hunting license and has on his person a permit from the chief of police of the town in which he resides granting him the right of such possession. No person shall discharge a BB shot, pellet or other object from an air rifle or so-called BB gun into, from or across any street, alley, public way or railroad or railway right of way, and no minor under the age of eighteen shall discharge a BB shot, pellet or other object from an air rifle or BB gun unless he is accompanied by an adult or is the holder of a sporting or hunting license. Whoever violates this section shall be punished by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars, and the air rifle or BB gun or other weapon shall be confiscated. Upon a conviction of a violation of this section the air rifle or BB gun or other weapon shall, by the written authority of the court, be forwarded to the colonel of the state police, who may dispose of said article in the same manner as prescribed in section ten.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section12B

TSB...  AKA, Timothy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk