Author Topic: Mark Craighead of Crossbreed Holsters  (Read 4272 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Mark Craighead of Crossbreed Holsters
« on: August 24, 2012, 08:01:22 PM »
Rob Pincus posted a link to this on FB, and since Craighead was well-known gun industry figure, I thought I'd post here.

https://word.office.live.com/wv/WordView.aspx?FBsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fdownload%2Ffile_preview.php%3Fid%3D274698479305660%26metadata&access_token=1197398981%3AAVJwp7FPvJ3JfOSDsdnHI_XXMaMiyfg3GzR0rED7ic8YLg&title=MarkCraighead.docx

My good friend and industry Leader, Mark Craighead passed away today. Mark owned & operated Crossbreed Holsters with his family and friends. I received the news today from. the family and they asked me to pass on their thanks for the thoughts of the firearms community and their assurance that things would continue as expected at Crossbreed. We have lost a great asset today.

Mark quickly became a leader in the industry as his incredibly innovative Crossbreed Holster design and company quickly become respected for quality and function. He and I worked together on many projects over the last few years and have had the pleasure of hearing from many of his customers in my courses who greatly appreciate his efforts and his company's efforts to meet their needs. Mark would often ask me what people were saying about the products and how they held up in class and he was always very proud to hear the great reports. He was also very eager to find ways to better serve his customers, the firearms community and the industry as a whole.

Approximately 3 weeks ago, Mark had a heart attack after a successful outpatient surgical procedure and had a very bad few days. We all believed that he had come through it and was on the road to full recovery. Earlier today, he had another massive heart attack and we lost him.

Outside of work, which he very much enjoyed, Mark was both a dedicated family man and a bit of an adventurer. One of his biggest hobbies was motor sports. He had some very impressive vehicles that he enjoyed driving/riding when time allowed. He even ran his beloved Lingenfelter Cadillac CTS-V in the Cannonball Run last year and had planned to try the Vegas to Reno Desert Race in 2013.

One thing that truly stood out about Mark was his commitment to friends and family. As Crossbreed Holsters grew, he continued to bring more and more of both into the operations to share in his success and in fulfilling his commitment to excellence. I have yet to meet anyone in the industry who had a bad word to speak of him and doubt sincerely that I ever will.

Rest In Peace, Brother.

-Rob Pincus

-8/24/12

I'm sure we all join Rob and the shooting world in extending our condolences, sympathies, and prayers to the family of Mark Craighead.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Mark Craighead of Crossbreed Holsters
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 08:05:25 PM »
I wouldn't have ever known the name, but he made a great product.  I love mine.

I'm sure we all join Rob and the shooting world in extending our condolences, sympathies, and prayers to the family of Mark Craighead.

+1

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 08:23:59 PM »
He has been on Tom Gresham's show several times.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 08:26:28 PM »
He had also just started a new shooting/SD-oriented show on the Pursuit channel called Trigger Time.

http://www.triggertimetv.com/

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 10:32:26 AM »
My prayers and condolences to the Craighead family.

He will be missed.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:39:15 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk