Author Topic: Vic Pickett  (Read 1488 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
Vic Pickett
« on: May 03, 2020, 08:08:47 PM »
I don't know how many here knew or knew of Vic Pickett.  A tremendous revolver shooter.  He is the man that got Rob Leatham into revolvers.

I first met Vic at his home range, Rio Salado in Mesa, AZ while on a shooting trip there.  I went back a year later, and had a great visit with him.  These were the trips that hooked me on stepping my shooting games to the next level, and Vic was a part of that.  I have many other stories, but this is about Vic.

For the last couple months I have been wondering why I hadn't seen anything about Vic on the shooting shows.  The man was great!  When I first met him I was in a daze with his skills.  One morning the two of us that had taken this trip to the warmth from frigid MN were with Rob Leatham.  Rob had just started playing with revolvers that year.  His rating of Vic was that Vic's only handicap in shooting was being in the same age class as Jerry Miculek.  Imagine the luck of be potentially the best in the world, except you fell into the same class as Jerry.  Of course, how many shooters have faced the same because "TGO" discovered shooting sports the same era they did.

Vic Pickett was a truly nice man, a supporter of the sport, and a teacher and mentor to many.

https://www.theoutdoorwire.com/releases/ae9a38b9-389b-4dd1-bfe1-5044aa98b6ae

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk