Author Topic: Firearm choices  (Read 10693 times)

ronlarimer

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Balloon Goes Up
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Firearm choices
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 05:54:56 AM »
I was hoping to give a look at more firearms like this http://balloongoesup.blogspot.com/2011/12/which-polymer-9mm-is-best.html

If you have any interest of comments let me know what you look for, besides the name on the frame or the caliber.
Ron

We do not get to pick when the balloon goes up, only how well prepared we are to deal with it.
Balloon Goes Up

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 08:09:02 AM »
I was hoping to give a look at more firearms like this http://balloongoesup.blogspot.com/2011/12/which-polymer-9mm-is-best.html

If you have any interest of comments let me know what you look for, besides the name on the frame or the caliber.

Some of the color coding in the chart seems to be contradictory...or I'm not reading it correctly.

For instance.  In the Length column, the longest are red...8.00 and over.  7.** are orange and under 7.00 is green while 6.00 and under is yellow (to short for accuracy?).  This seems to indicate Red is the least desirable value.

But then in the Capacity column, it appears that the higher the capacity, the better the value.  I see 15+1 and higher as Green, 7+1 to 13+1 as Orange, EXCEPT 10+1 is Red.  Seems 10+1 is better than 7+1...but maybe they are Red just because they are the vile Ban Compliant 10 round mags?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

ronlarimer

• Balloon Goes Up
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 12:19:00 PM »
Some of the color coding in the chart seems to be contradictory...or I'm not reading it correctly.

For instance.  In the Length column, the longest are red...8.00 and over.  7.** are orange and under 7.00 is green while 6.00 and under is yellow (to short for accuracy?).  This seems to indicate Red is the least desirable value.

But then in the Capacity column, it appears that the higher the capacity, the better the value.  I see 15+1 and higher as Green, 7+1 to 13+1 as Orange, EXCEPT 10+1 is Red.  Seems 10+1 is better than 7+1...but maybe they are Red just because they are the vile Ban Compliant 10 round mags?

What you are seeing for 8" plus length is that for CCW too long is bad and the rest are different rules for single stacks (SS)
Ron

We do not get to pick when the balloon goes up, only how well prepared we are to deal with it.
Balloon Goes Up

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 01:19:28 PM »
What you are seeing for 8" plus length is that for CCW too long is bad and the rest are different rules for single stacks (SS)

Ahh...I see...the ranking is explained below.  Didn't notice.

Don't agree with SS given a break in this, but then others might not agree that no manual safety is a plus.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

ronlarimer

• Balloon Goes Up
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 02:28:17 PM »
Ahh...I see...the ranking is explained below.  Didn't notice.

Don't agree with SS given a break in this, but then others might not agree that no manual safety is a plus.

I did it because I see the small single stacks as having a slightly different mission.  They also got dinged for having a slide that was too long and a grip that was too short though.
Ron

Balloon Goes Up

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:08:28 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk