Author Topic: Need help destroying anti gun lib  (Read 6355 times)

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Need help destroying anti gun lib
« on: September 21, 2014, 10:06:30 PM »
I'm looking for a source that would show that one of the intents of the 2nd amendment was so the citizens had the ability to overthrow an oppressive government,Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

tombogan03884

Re: Need help destroying anti gun lib
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 06:47:06 AM »
Gun facts.info and "The Federalist"

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 06:54:43 AM »
Go to the personal writings of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.

I have two books I use to respond to those who choose to take it on:

The U.S. Constitution And Fascinating Facts About It, Supplemental text by Terry L. Jordan and published by Oak Hill Publishing (purchased at local bookstore)

The Second Amendment Primer, Les Adams, published by Palladium Press (purchased through the NRA)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 08:24:38 AM »
Or you could read Machiavelli. He would suggest you agree with them and then poison them. ;D
( I'm currently reading "The Prince" on my Nook  ;D )

Just ordered a used copy of "The U.S. Constitution And Fascinating Facts About It" from Amazon for $0.01 +3.99 shipping.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 10:40:44 AM »
Thanks, that will help
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:35:05 PM »

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 11:46:34 AM »
Hey Guys,
I just downloaded these as well. good stuff to have, especially for me while I'm out on the ship. plenty of time to whittle away at stupid logic. ;)
oh yeah, I'm back for a few months.

Deepwater
YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 12:01:38 PM »
Hey Guys,
I just downloaded these as well. good stuff to have, especially for me while I'm out on the ship. plenty of time to whittle away at stupid logic. ;)
oh yeah, I'm back for a few months.

Deepwater

From where did you download them, Deepwater?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 12:04:47 PM »
From where did you download them, Deepwater?
Kindle. not too expensive either.
D.
YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 12:07:00 PM »
I looked on Amazon for the Constitution and Facts book but did not see a Kindle version.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 12:30:20 PM »
Majer,

Just a thought.

You might want to think about telling your opponent that if it is found that the intent was not to overthrow an oppressive government you will change your views and ask if it is found that it was the intent, will they change theirs.

Good ammunition if they either refuse to agree to change or if they do agree and renege later.

Also, if you are a veteran, you can point out that they are opposing the constitution and that you swore an oath to the government that you would defend the constitution from enemies, both foreign and domestic, and that they gave you a gun to do it with.
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk