Author Topic: Turn your Ruger .22 pistol into a carbine  (Read 13291 times)

bryand71

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Turn your Ruger .22 pistol into a carbine
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 02:59:55 PM »
if I were going to buy a kit to turn a pistol into a carbine, I would get the one that uses a 1911 frame. I would rather have a .45 cal carbine than a .22 for a conversion kit. Ruger 10/22 does a better job at being a .22 carbine, plus all the goodies that you can attach to it.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

Grouch

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 03:01:55 AM »
I just found this item on the web. They want 459.00 for this upper unit! AIN'T NO Way!!!!! ::)

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 04:39:45 AM »
if I were going to buy a kit to turn a pistol into a carbine, I would get the one that uses a 1911 frame. I would rather have a .45 cal carbine than a .22 for a conversion kit. Ruger 10/22 does a better job at being a .22 carbine, plus all the goodies that you can attach to it.

+1. If I get something like this, it's gonna fit my 1911 or my GLOCK 30.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 11:42:32 AM »
And why doesn't some one offer this for the Glock? I mean seriously, there are like 4 moving parts. All you need is a longer barrel, possibly a stronger spring and the stock set to drop it into. Add in the 33 round factory mag and I've always been puzzeled as to why we haven't seen one.
FQ13

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 12:23:04 PM »
And why doesn't some one offer this for the Glock? I mean seriously, there are like 4 moving parts. All you need is a longer barrel, possibly a stronger spring and the stock set to drop it into. Add in the 33 round factory mag and I've always been puzzeled as to why we haven't seen one.
FQ13

Don't know if this is what you are interested in, but they have "uppers" for Glock and 1911

http://www.mechtechsys.com/

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:28:01 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 03:01:31 AM »
Don't know if this is what you are interested in, but they have "uppers" for Glock and 1911

http://www.mechtechsys.com/

Looks interesting and makes me wish I hadn't sold my G-17. The Question "Why do I need 3 9mm Glocks has been answered"? ;D Still, more than a bit pricey for something I haven't heard anything about. How many Hi-points coud I buy for this? :o Sigh, one day Glock will get off the stick and build one.
FQ13

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 08:54:25 AM »
Looks interesting and makes me wish I hadn't sold my G-17. The Question "Why do I need 3 9mm Glocks has been answered"? ;D Still, more than a bit pricey for something I haven't heard anything about. How many Hi-points coud I buy for this? :o Sigh, one day Glock will get off the stick and build one.
FQ13

I had to have one.  I replaced my original G21 for a SF and used the old 21.

It is blow back operated and has NO bolt hold open mechanism for an empty magazine. 

I bought the KRISS G21 mag assembly which extends a factory G21 mag to 30 rounds.

I've always wanted a pistol/carbine of the same caliber...I guess I should have taken up Cowboy Action Shooting and had a somewhat practical reason for owning the combo =)..

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk