Author Topic: NRA membership has increased by 30% since November  (Read 1779 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NRA membership has increased by 30% since November
« on: May 18, 2009, 05:49:54 PM »
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/05/18/jill-lawrences-nra-piece/

Just the prospect of new federal limits on guns has sent enthusiasts rushing to buy guns and join the NRA.

The group says its membership has gone up by 30 percent since November. Federally required background checks of prospective gun buyers jumped to more than 1.5 million in November and December and are staying high, FBI figures show. There were more than 1.2 million checks last month -- 30 percent more than in April 2008.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NRA membership has increased by 30% since November
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 06:21:30 PM »
Have a growing number of co-workers, and friends, going to the Friends of the NRA Meeting Wed. Night, to meet Larry Mills, our NRA regional rep.

Got the email, RSVP'D, got a prompt response, and got some more folks going that otherwise wouldn't be.

At the Ramada Inn, Ballroom A, 2375 S.R. 84, "Marina Mile" at 7 p.m. to 8:15.

I think its great to have an increase in membership, it may be the last reality slap, to BHO and his staff, before he tries something stupid.

His admin will try, but a growing number of pro-gun NRA members, will not go down quietly.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: NRA membership has increased by 30% since November
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:12:44 PM »
I was hoping it would have doubled. 30% ain't bad, but that is 5+ million out of 80 million gun owners. We need to do more, better.

I've signed up 2, I will have to sign up more.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk