Author Topic: Shopping Spree - Other People's Money!  (Read 759 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Shopping Spree - Other People's Money!
« on: January 22, 2023, 07:53:39 AM »
Went on a shopping spree the other evening with our daughter.

She was looking for a new EDC and tools for the home and office (staged guns). She has shot her current options and some of mine to get a feel.  Last year she even tried a couple rentals at different ranges. The choices were made, after about a half hour of handling, comparing and discussing. A Glock 43 for everyday carry and two Glock 17s for staged at office and home.

I was proud of the way she handled herself in this process.  Thinking of all the right things, working through the comparisons, and discussing, talking to herself out loud, the features and reasoning behind the options. Her final decision, that I fully support, included how they fit her hand, controlability, simplicity, similarity, and reliability. It was impressive to watch her walk through the process with your typical local gunshop guys bantering. Once I helped her break the ice she just rolled on through. I helped her express a point a couple times, but it was 99% my daughter processing. Yes, I am proud of how she did this.

Now, the Commie State issues:
Three day waiting period.
Five days between successive guns.
Fifteen round magazine limit (Law just put under restraining order, so get the two 17s, with their 17 round mags, 1st and 2nd).
In Illinois, when you go through all the background checks you also must state your occupation and the purpose for the purchase.

Over the next week she will get the two 17s, then the 43, I'll give some lessons in cleaning and maintenance, lots of ammunition (will try some of my Hornady Critical Defense for reliability), and range time.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Shopping Spree - Other People's Money!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 02:33:43 PM »
Mike... did she try the G43x?.... if not, I use a Taran tactical +2 mag pad for my G43... regards

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: Shopping Spree - Other People's Money!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 10:36:04 PM »
She did.  She liked the feel about the same, and we both considered the value of added ounces and more rounds. However, in tests for on body concealment, she felt better with the G43.  She borders on tiny.  I can carry at 1911 concealed, but she doesn't have my genes - Lucky girl!  It is amazing how much difference a half inch here or three quarter inch there can make a difference.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk