Author Topic: The funny thing is...............  (Read 5748 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1116
Re: The funny thing is...............
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 06:28:34 PM »
Nice guns. That looks a lot like my two ARs, shotgun, and 10/22. I have the same folding stock too. I have to use a RAMLINE RUGER 10/22 AUTOLOADER to load all the 30 and 50 round mags I have. That's definately the most fun one to shoot. Ammo for anything other than .22s is getting too expensive.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 02:54:05 PM »
I've been playing with My AR15 a lot lately. I'd like to get a 6.8 SPC Upper for it when I can afford to.  8)
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 03:20:34 AM »
I'd rather get a .450 Bushmaster or .458 SOCOM, but 6.8mm is a good upgrade of the ol' poodle shooters.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 09:45:03 PM »
So would I but then I wouldn't be able to afford the ammo.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 11:25:23 AM »
I'd like to get a 20 in. 6.8 upper for my Bushmaster, but no one seems to make any but 16 in. Has anyone seen any ads that show the size barrel I'm looking for?
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:36:21 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 04:33:10 PM »
I haven't seen any, but the 6.5 Grendel can be had with a 19-1/2 inch barrel. It's uses better bullets, and it's twice as accurate as the 6.8mm at 400 yards. If you never shoot beyond 250 yards the 6.8 is good enough. I'm sticking with 5.56mm.

EDIT: It looks like DPMS has 20" 6.8mms.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk