Author Topic: Question for the guy's who've built AR's  (Read 10615 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: Question for the guy's who've built AR's
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 06:15:30 PM »

This is where it's at right now (minus a new sling setup I'm really happy with).  But I like M25's idea of going with a rifle length, quad rail, free floating forearm that completely covers the gas block.  I like this idea because I'm thinking of mounting a laser on the forearm for anything that might be considered "close quarters shooting".  And completely removes the gas block as an issue.

I'll have to cut off the bayonet lug for the longer forearm to clear.  But that's only about a 10 minute job.  And the DPMS flashhider is EASILY sharp enough to serve as a bayonet if things every got that ugly.  ;)

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 07:15:40 PM »

This is where it's at right now (minus a new sling setup I'm really happy with).  But I like M25's idea of going with a rifle length, quad rail, free floating forearm that completely covers the gas block.  I like this idea because I'm thinking of mounting a laser on the forearm for anything that might be considered "close quarters shooting".  And completely removes the gas block as an issue.

I'll have to cut off the bayonet lug for the longer forearm to clear.  But that's only about a 10 minute job.  And the DPMS flashhider is EASILY sharp enough to serve as a bayonet if things every got that ugly.  ;)

Were you trying to co-ordinate your floor and your avatar or was that just a pleasant accident?

I would go with who ever posted earlier with, "What are you planning on doing with your AR?"
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 09:53:08 PM »

This is where it's at right now (minus a new sling setup I'm really happy with).  But I like M25's idea of going with a rifle length, quad rail, free floating forearm that completely covers the gas block.  I like this idea because I'm thinking of mounting a laser on the forearm for anything that might be considered "close quarters shooting".  And completely removes the gas block as an issue.

I'll have to cut off the bayonet lug for the longer forearm to clear.  But that's only about a 10 minute job.  And the DPMS flashhider is EASILY sharp enough to serve as a bayonet if things every got that ugly.  ;)

Looks good as it is.
But if you go with the other fore end please post pics , that sounds interesting too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk