Author Topic: NM Gun Dealer Family to get new Trial  (Read 3022 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
NM Gun Dealer Family to get new Trial
« on: February 01, 2013, 04:29:07 PM »

Court grants new trial to New Mexico gun dealer family

----------------------------------------------------
The case has taken an increasingly disturbing series of turns, including evidence that the prosecution intentionally withheld evidence. From his comments, Judge Brack appears to have finally had it with the prosecution. In addition to detailing the conditions of bail, the judge offers a scathing criticism of U.S. Attorney conduct throughout the case, charging ‘there is no doubt the prosecution, intentionally or negligently suppressed the evidence,” raising serious questions about witness credibility and other factors being withheld from jurors.

“Viewing the significance of the suppressed evidence in relation to the record as a whole,” Brack wrote, the Court concludes that Defendants’ Motion for a New Trial should be granted.”
-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.examiner.com/article/court-grants-new-trial-to-new-mexico-gun-dealer-family
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

Re: NM Gun Dealer Family to get new Trial
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 07:44:39 PM »
FTA;

In the mean time, Rick and Ryin Reese are still in jail, trying to raise the money for their bond after the government has depleted the family’s financial and property resources. Supporters advise those interested in helping can do so by contributing to the Reese Defense Fund, Attention Patricia Arias, First Savings Bank, 520 South Gold, Deming, NM 88030.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk