Author Topic: NY near vote on new gun laws  (Read 6179 times)

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NY near vote on new gun laws
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 05:11:39 PM »
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/14/ap-sources-new-york-has-tentative-deal-on-gun-control/

The new state legislation will:

* Limit ammunition clips to seven. It’s now 10
hmm so 3 less rounds will make is soo much safer...   ok..

* Force gun owners to renew their licenses every five years
do you need a licence there??

I have to renew my licence every year as  it is..  as i need to justify my H class ;)

* Stiffen penalties for using a gun in the commission of a crime
good,  should be like that any way.

* Stiffen penalties for bringing a gun on school property
not going to stop crazy..

* New restrictions on the assault weapons already owned by New Yorkers
no surprise there :-/

“They will be basically not permitted to be transferred. They will be grandfathered in but not in terms of a transfer. There will be a registry,” Silver said.

think they been chatting to JWH again..... 
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: NY near vote on new gun laws
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 06:09:53 PM »
Can't keep them loaded,if I have 8 rounds in my 1911 magazine it makes me a felon... ::) ::)

Yeah..... that extra 'evil round' at the end makes the rest less safe.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk